Choosing color without selecting fixture

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

RubenR

Choosing color without selecting fixture

Postby RubenR » 17 Apr 2017, 14:26

Hello,

Is it possible to change the color of a fixture just by clicking on the color and not first select the fixture itself?
yyy898

Re: Choosing color without selecting fixture

Postby yyy898 » 17 Apr 2017, 18:26

yes it is, we call it quick palettes.
when you double click a palette witout selecting a fixture first, the palette will be applied to all fixtures that can use that palette.
this can be turned on / off in user settings -> palettes
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 17 Apr 2017, 20:51

yyy898 wrote:yes it is, we call it quick palettes.
when you double click a palette witout selecting a fixture first, the palette will be applied to all fixtures that can use that palette.
this can be turned on / off in user settings -> palettes

Just in case there is any confusion it is single click. Note that if you want quick palettes to apply to specific fixtures they usually need to be 'Normal' palettes (you may need to override the automatic type detection before recording).
RubenR

Postby RubenR » 18 Apr 2017, 20:06

Just in case there is any confusion it is single click. Note that if you want quick palettes to apply to specific fixtures they usually need to be 'Normal' palettes (you may need to override the automatic type detection before recording.

Yes, i want it for specific fixtures but i cant find ''automatic type detection''
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 18 Apr 2017, 20:25

Whenever you record a palette the software will try and guess the correct palette type based on some logic.

For example, let's say you have 10 LED pars with red, green and blue colour mixing controls. If you select one of them and set red 100%/ green 0%/ blue 0% in the programmer then select an empty colour palette handle, the record palette menu will open and the palette type will be set to [Global]. If you record this, clear and then apply the palette it will change all the fixtures to red.

However, if you toggle the type to [Normal] before recording then it will only apply to the one fixture that had the information in the programmer.
RubenR

Postby RubenR » 20 Apr 2017, 11:44

Oké, now I know about that opportunity, it's gonna make my life allot easyer. Thanks!