New user - no output yet?!

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Radders

New user - no output yet?!

Postby Radders » 01 Apr 2017, 15:45

Hello,

I am a brand new user of Titan One, for use in a very small theatre (80 seats!) having been using PC Stage for 20+ years. I must admit to struggling to get started!

I've purchased the dongle, installed the software and connected the dongle to the DMX cable. We have 18 standard dimmer channels and I have set the channels to general dimmers. The top light on the dongle is constantly flashing (is this correct?!)

As yet, I've not been able to fathom how to actually turn a lamp on!

I've tried the 'quick start guide' and main user manual but am obviously struggling to understand the basics.

I'm not in the theatre at present but will be back there tomorrow afternoon, so was wondering if someone could guide me to the very basics, just so that I can get some lamps to turn on - then I can worry about programming in due course!
clublights

Re: New user - no output yet?!

Postby clublights » 02 Apr 2017, 00:57

There are many guides on the avolites youtube page :

youtube.com/avolitesvis

and the avolites site

https://www.avolites.com/training/videos

there are two lights not he T1

which the RX or the TX ?

if the RX is flashing ( amber LED) make sure you have patched a fixture , and try locating it , if it still flashes amber press system, then DMX settings and assign the Output to line one ( click expert output a then click on line 1 ) then again locate fixture.