"Upper Limit" definition

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

DJH

"Upper Limit" definition

Postby DJH » 06 Mar 2017, 12:58

Hi All,

Ok, so I'm trying to work out what the "Upper Limit" function and it's effect if I change it on a dimmer channel of a fixture.....

Does it :-

a) When the slider goes past 80%, the brightness of the light stays the same for the last 20% of slider movement.
or
b) When the slider goes past 80%, the brightness of the light will continue to increase up to 100% slider (although only 80% brightness)

The reason I'm asking is when the band plays at different venues, often the house lights are different in brightness and can blind the band members depending on which light is pointed at them. This seemed an easy way to control the maximum brightness of different house lights without changing anything else !. If there is a better way.. I'm all ears (No pun intended :wink: )

Hope this makes sense :)

Many Thanks.
niclights
The eManual

Re: "Upper Limit" definition

Postby niclights » 06 Mar 2017, 13:46

a). (It is a 'hard' limit as opposed to proportional).

Personally I would probably look at a scale master. Create a group of the fixtures you need to reduce and assign to a fader. By default a group on a fader becomes a scale master. Setting to full will allow all associated intensities to output at their recorded value and lowering will reduce proportionally.
DJH

Postby DJH » 06 Mar 2017, 14:13

Thanks Nic as always :D .

Ok, so I could set 10 scale masters (As I've no idea how bright the house lights will be) and adjust as part of the lighting check per venue as needed.....
Will try that !

Cheers !

H.
DJH

Postby DJH » 06 Mar 2017, 15:06

Hi Nic,

Yep, that works a treat !

Got my 10 individual house lights set in individual groups on Page 60 all set as Scale Masters.
Quick lighting check when all the band members are in place and they shouldn't need to wear sun glasses during gig anymore !

Awesome !

H.