Administrator credentials required on each run

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

djsky

Administrator credentials required on each run

Postby djsky » 23 Feb 2017, 15:24

Hi, I have Installed Titan One on a Surface Pro, and this will be going out with various different mobile DJ's etc.. so I have created a basic USER on windows for this purpose... but what I can't seem to do is allow Titan One to run, without the need to enter a Computer Administrators Credentials.

Basically the Error message that pops up each time (UAC) is "Do you want to allow this App from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"
Gregory

Re: Administrator credentials required on each run

Postby Gregory » 23 Feb 2017, 16:50

Titan requires administrator privileges to access some system/network resources. You can try something similar to the article How to Enable Standard Users to Run a Program with Admin Rights without the Password however this may allow other applications to run as administrator. There is also third-party software such as RunAsRob which may help you.
djsky

Postby djsky » 23 Feb 2017, 17:20

Couldn't get the first method to work at all... the CMD window that pops up states that the requested operation requires elevation error 740. and the second method, well looks like it works, but it didn't actually request my admin details anywhere, so not sure how it lets titan run, and if it does, will it run properly is my concern.

Any other solutions?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 23 Feb 2017, 17:37

This tool was linked to from the article, you could see if that suits your requirements.