Load a show and virtual console

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

techtech

Load a show and virtual console

Postby techtech » 02 Dec 2016, 16:33

Hi

I have 2 questions.
Quick back ground. I'm operating a small show with 14 LED fixtures. I don't have a plan and I don't know how many channels each fixture uses. The fixtures are are also non standard fixtures and I doubt there they are in the library.

Theses are the fixtures for anyone interested:
http://www.vikinglighting.co.uk/catalog ... 322ad4a4c9

This is not the issue.
When I first opened titan mobile the original installers for the lighting had patched, grouped and set up the units so that you could select them and choose a colour etc. Now, that show is not on there I don't know what I have done but it's not there.

Q1) How do I load a show? In the manual it says press the Disk button. Where is the disk button?

Q2) On the video tutorials there is a virtual desk. Something I'm used to seeing. Where is that?

Please help!! I have 1 week in which to learn the desk, I'm from ETC back ground so none of this makes sense. I've used a pearl some years ago but this does not seem to be like the pearl as I can make head nor tail of the layout.

Thanks!

TT
icke_siegen

Re: Load a show and virtual console

Postby icke_siegen » 02 Dec 2016, 18:05

The answer depends from what program you are running. I assume you are running Titan Simulator and have selected Titan Mobile to be simulated. In that case, the virtual console should have started in a separate window. You will find the disk button there. There are some workarounds - e.g. Alt-Shift-D would open the Disk menu. But for your purpose, you should try to find and load the separate Virtual Console window. Try Alt-Tab to toggle thru the active windows.

You can find a little manual of those fixtures here: http://support.vikinglighting.co.uk/dow ... ctions.pdf

Mode 1 and 2 should be compatible to Generic fixtures. Also, the Viking Lighting VK3010 is in the library (since May 2016). Alternatively, you might patch it as GLG Pastello, which has the charme of being already Capture compatible (in the internal visualiser). In any case, you should consider updating the personalities - the library which comes with the program was integrated at the time of build while the current library is updated almost daily (kudos to niclights :D )
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Dec 2016, 19:10

Thanks Sebastian!

I wonder if there is some confusion here. Given you have posted in the TitanOne forum perhaps you are trying to run that, in which case there is no separate virtual console as all the controls are integrated, including the Disk button. If you don't have a dongle you would need to run this via Titan Simulator.

And as Sebastian says that fixture is supported. I know the Viking Lighting people very well and we should have personalities for the majority of their products. I would say there is not really such a thing as a standard (or non-standard) fixture these days although I get your meaning. If something's not already in the library you can submit requests via the form here.
techtech

Postby techtech » 02 Dec 2016, 19:59

Thanks both for your rapid replies!

Correct I am running titan mobile with a DMX dongle attached. No hardware interface as it were, so everything is keyboard and mouse.
Does that mean there is no virtual console?

I have found Open Works Space Window>User Settings>Import User then I click the + (plus) and that gives me the list of saved shows but but this does load the show.

shift

Alt-Shift-D does nothing and Alt-Tab does cycle through the Windows window......

I am at complete loss......any more guidance would be truly appreciated.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Dec 2016, 20:14

It sounds like you are confusing TitanOne (Usb dongle providing one DMX output) and Titan Mobile (a control surface that is used in conjunction with software on a PC).

For the dongle you should be running the TitanOne application.
techtech

Postby techtech » 02 Dec 2016, 20:24

A ha! at the top of the screen it says titan mobile.

'Avolites Titan Mobile (TITANMOBILE1)' . Is this correct?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Dec 2016, 20:34

If you've got one of these:
http://www.avolites.com/products/lighting/titan-mobile
Then you should be running the Titan Mobile application.

If you've got one of these:
http://www.avolites.com/products/lighting/titan-one
Then you should be running the TitanOne application.
techtech

Postby techtech » 02 Dec 2016, 20:49

A Ha!! thank you! That makes sense now!! Downloaded the program and I needed Titan One! Excellent, I recognise the layout it looks like the desk and the buttons have on them what I need! I can fumble on from here!

Thank you so much.

TT