Can't get Titan One activated

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

maxdaniel98

Can't get Titan One activated

Postby maxdaniel98 » 07 Jul 2016, 07:50

Hello all,
I can't get Titan One activated on my laptop. It works fine on my desktop.
When I start up Titan One, it shows an "Activation required!" dialog. I have exported and uploaded the token to the activation form at http://www.avolites.com/software/titan-licensing, and I got back a licence. When I try to import that token to Titan One, it loads and than just returns to the "Activation required!" dialog.

Like I said, it works on my desktop so I think it's a problem with my laptop, however I tried removing the software (including the data in appdata, programdata, and my documents) and reinstalling Titan One v9 but that doesn't work either.

Has any of you run into this problem before or is it just me? It's kind of annoying because I don't use my desktop for shows, only my laptop.

Kind regards,
Max van den Bosch
maxdaniel98

Screenshot

Postby maxdaniel98 » 07 Jul 2016, 07:55

So the software is stuck at this screen

But Avolites granted me the licence.

paul.cilia

Re: Can't get Titan One activated

Postby paul.cilia » 18 Jul 2016, 09:42

Currently having the same issue. Did you manage to solve it?
Have tried both permanent and temporary licences but keeps going back to the same screen!!
Poman

Postby Poman » 04 Sep 2016, 23:50

I'm having a similar issue, the only difference being once I load the permanent license, I can use the software fully. However, when I close the software and restart it asks me for a license again and will not let me reuse the same license. And help out there about this?
zahoorjury

Postby zahoorjury » 10 Oct 2016, 17:59

:( , hi all , after changing my HDD to SSD , i reinstall the new Windows 7 , then again download the PC Suit , reinstall it , and after opening the Simulator , its is again asking about the licence key , i tried to use the old one key but no use . then i tried to obtain the new key with the new computer number but the PC Suit web page saying '' Computer key is not valid for Titan Simulator '' ,kindly help me to resolve the issue
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 10 Oct 2016, 18:43

I suspect you are attempting to use the form for Titan Simulator licences, if you have the TitanOne connected you should use the main Titan Licensing page.
zahoorjury

Postby zahoorjury » 10 Oct 2016, 20:42

hi sir , i am doing every now and there struggle to activate the reinstalled T1 , even i got several times activation keys , but each and every time i am getting the same message , every time when i open TITAN SIMULATOR or TITAN ONE it leads me to the Titan One licence agreement , i tap AGREE , Then several time i did Request licence or Import licence , i tried both Manual and Internet Activation .several times i entered My Computer key at Licence page or in other i also got an email activation . i entered the activation key and the PC lead me back to ''ACTIVATION REQUIRED '' page .
i have done it more then 15 times ,
kindly help me before i GO CRAZY OR MAD , :x
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 11 Oct 2016, 12:59

Make sure you are running the software elevated so that it has administrative access which it will need for it to save the licence. If running in Simulator mode with the TitanOne not connected, select the option for Manual Activation and check that the Computer Key matches with the licence file that you have received. If you are running TitanOne, select the options to request a Temporary Licence and confirm that the Computer Key displayed matches your licence file. If the Computer Key does not match export a new token file and submit it to the Titan Licensing website. If the Computer Key matches and the option to import the licence file is still not successful, then instead manually copy the licence files received from the website to C:\Program Files (x86)\Avolites\Titan\Tokens and then restart the software.
zahoorjury

Postby zahoorjury » 12 Oct 2016, 03:12

Thanks Gregory for help , I reinstalled the windows again , then reinstalled the PC suit again and thanks GOD I succeeded to run the Titan Simulator, but now I am afraid of T1 USB to register again might if I fail again to get the activation so what could happen, for the time being I postpone the T1 activation ( although I activated my T1 on my previous window) ,
Thanks again , definitely without you people's support we cannot perform good out here , profound regards
danhoff

Postby danhoff » 16 May 2017, 17:50

Gregory wrote:Make sure you are running the software elevated so that it has administrative access which it will need for it to save the licence. If running in Simulator mode with the TitanOne not connected, select the option for Manual Activation and check that the Computer Key matches with the licence file that you have received. If you are running TitanOne, select the options to request a Temporary Licence and confirm that the Computer Key displayed matches your licence file. If the Computer Key does not match export a new token file and submit it to the Titan Licensing website. If the Computer Key matches and the option to import the licence file is still not successful, then instead manually copy the licence files received from the website to C:\Program Files (x86)\Avolites\Titan\Tokens and then restart the software.

Replying to elevate this, since I just had someone with the same problem on a Windows 10 machine and a Titan Mobile - it was stuck in a loop of 'Activation Required', and until I disabled UserAccountControl and manually pasted the token into that folder, it wouldn't run the software despite everything else being correct.

Maybe a note about this needs to be added to the Licensing page / email template or the Titan Troubleshooting page - especially with the newer versions of Windows tending to encourage people to NOT use Admin accounts for day-to-day use?