Titan Licence issue

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Titan Licence issue

Postby watty » 05 Jun 2016, 11:49

Hi Guys, Help needed on a severe issue. I set up my lighting yesterday afternoon for an evening gig and all was fine as usual. I returned an hour later and switched on the console (Mini PC and touchscreen) and when I opened Titan one it came up with a licensing screen asking me to request or import a licence. I immediately thought WTF and went into panic mode and tried everything I could to solve this issue to no avail. Result - no lighting control for the gig.

Questions - Why did this happen, how do I fix it and how do I prevent it happening again? If it is designed to happen - why no warning?

Stressed Steve

Further update

I have re-licenced the PC and it is working again. However, I still need to establish why the software decided to not play ball and ask to be licenced when it was working previously. The chain of events were:

Note - No internet connection was made during the events listed below.

1. Switch on PC, start Titan and check lighting rig was working OK. It was.
2. Close down Titan and power off PC.
3. Return one hour later, switch on PC and open Titan. Titan will not open and opens dialogue box that asks for licencing/activation to be carried out.
4. Panic - no lighting control!

This has now happened again! I think it is when windows 10 tries to automatically update virus software. Is there a way of importing the licence without connecting to the net? I think the Avolites software thinks it is on a new machine after windows 10 tries to update.
Last edited by watty on 27 Jul 2016, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Miller

Re: Titan Licence issue

Postby Miller » 11 Jun 2016, 05:28

This just happened to me as well. Shut down the program then the computer. Rebooted my laptop. Same steps as the other member. We're in the middle of programming a show for Monday. Now Titan wants to relicense. Anyone know why this is happening?

Note - No internet connection was made during the events listed below.

1. Switch on PC, start Titan and check lighting rig was working OK. It was.
2. Close down Titan and power off PC.
3. Return one hour later, switch on PC and open Titan. Titan will not open and opens dialogue box that asks for licencing/activation to be carried out.
4. Panic - no lighting control!

(Copy and pasted. This is the exactly what happened minus the time. We turned the computer back on about 2 hours later)

Any idea what's causing this?
oliverst14

Re: Titan Licence issue

Postby oliverst14 » 01 Jul 2016, 00:25

Bump

This has also happened to me, tested rig the day before and everything was great then got to event setup and the software asked for activation even though I had already carried out activation A couple of weeks prior