Titan One remote App problem loading workspaces

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

ramsbod

Titan One remote App problem loading workspaces

Postby ramsbod » 24 Apr 2016, 15:36

I have Titan One running on a Microsoft computer. I connect to the same wifi network with my android phone. When I run the Titan App and select the console it says loading workspaces. The progress bar goes to 100% and then does nothing further. Have left it for 10 minutes but won't go any further.
raystream

Re: Titan One remote App problem loading workspaces

Postby raystream » 25 Apr 2016, 07:50

please try to deactive your windows firewall
RayStream media

www.raystream.de
ramsbod

Postby ramsbod » 25 Apr 2016, 08:49

@raystream. Has this happened to you and did you solve it by disabling the windows firewall? If the firewall is a problem then the App should be intelligent enough to tell the user that it can't get through the firewall.
raystream

Postby raystream » 25 Apr 2016, 09:27

deactivating the firewall solved the problem for me
RayStream media

www.raystream.de
ramsbod

Postby ramsbod » 24 Jun 2016, 08:55

Disabling the firewall didn't work. In any case it is a bad idea to disable your firewall. If the software cannot connect it should say so not just leave you hanging with a progress bar. The software is poorly designed.
Evilallusion

Postby Evilallusion » 14 Dec 2016, 02:10

Had the same problem running on Windows 7, after hours of messing with it I finally got it working.
Did a complete Uninstall of "Avolites Titan PC Suite 10.0" though Control Panel>Uninstall a Program
Completely Disabled Windows Firewall Control Panel>System And Security>Windows Firewall>Turn Windows Firewall on and off.
Restarted computer.
Ran "Avolites Titan PC Suite v10.0 Setup"
Restarted Computer.
Downloaded and installed "Take Ownership" http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... -in-vista/
Ran "Take Ownership" program by right clicking on C>Users>"username">AppData>Roaming>Avolites folder and selecting "Take Ownership"
Then Run "Take Ownership" program by right clicking on C>Programfiles(x86)>Avolites folder and select "Take ownership" and let CMD program run till in closes itself (may take a few minutes)
Restarted Computer
Ran Avolites Simulator and HOLY SHIT!!! It finally just stopped pulsing "Starting Titan" and went to the Activation Screen!!!!!!

Not exactly sure if all of these steps are necessary, but for anyone also having this problem, I feel for you and after I got it to work I didn't want to jinx it by trying it differently.
I really hope this helps some of you from ripping your hair out like I was. Happy programming Y'all : )