Grouping playback buttons?

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

djsky

Grouping playback buttons?

Postby djsky » 14 Mar 2016, 22:17

How can I group playback buttons together so that only one button within a group can be selected at any time?

For instance I have 6 buttons which do different shapes for my moving heads, but only ever want one of those six buttons to work at any one time. So if I select one, the previous one deactivates.

Similarly I have another group of six buttons which do different colours. But obviously I still want a shape going on with one of the six colours.
Gregory

Re: Grouping playback buttons?

Postby Gregory » 15 Mar 2016, 21:19

There isn't really a way to do this currently. You can put the different looks/shapes in a cue list and then create buttons that fire each cue: single step cue lists that autoload the required cue of the first list or macros that connect to the list and go to the required cue.
djsky

Postby djsky » 15 Mar 2016, 21:23

This just seems an odd way of doing that.

I had an Avo Azure years back, and that did what I'm trying to do.

Do any of the physical desks allow me to do this?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 15 Mar 2016, 21:34

No this isn't a feature on the Titan desks.
djsky

Postby djsky » 26 Jun 2017, 22:02

Sorry to dig this back up again, but is this now a feature available? Also, is it possible to have a "flash" (i.e. Single shot strobe) on a playback button? - for use with busking on a touchscreen titan one pc.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 Jun 2017, 22:34

Sorry, still no.

If I am understanding you correctly, for a strobe flash you could set the Key Profile for the Touch key to Flash so it will be on only for the duration you are touching the button. Alternatively create a two step cue list with the first cue with the strobe on and the second with it off, set the second cue to After Previous with the desired time and enable Fire First Cue. The default key profile will latch and tell the cue list to go to the next cue so each time you touch the button you will get a flash for the specified duration. Note that the cue list will remain active although you could use the Release Me macro in the second cue to avoid this.