Set Legend > Picture window gone?

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

TheMusicMan

Set Legend > Picture window gone?

Postby TheMusicMan » 06 Dec 2015, 16:32

I'm having a coupe of interesting issues, and wondering what methods might be available as remedies.

I use Titan One with a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro for numerous shows, and sometimes when I need more screen space I connect to an external touch screen. Other times, I use only the laptop with the single main window, and the System>External Display Off.

For some reason, I was having an issue where when I would attempt to use Set Legend>Picture to draw in a legend, Titan One would misplace my touch input by several inches. I would touch in one place on the screen, and it would register input at a location up and the the left in the picture window. When I exited Picture Legend, the touch inputs would respond as accurately as before, and no other testing had an issue --- only in Picture mode was I having the loss of accuracy of touch input. Normal mouse input was unaffected, only Touch input.

Also, at a different time, I am having an issue where the Picture Legend window is missing entirely. Like I said, I have been using this system with an external touch-enabled display sometimes, and I recently moved the Picture Window from the primary window to the secondary window for drawing palette legends. I have a feeling the Picture Legend window is stuck over there in limbo on the disconnected External display, and I bet I could drag it back if I connected the monitor... but why do I have to do that? Why can't Titan OS detect the external display is disconnected (which it is, according to the System menu), and ensure no windows are opened on the disconnected, unused window?

On a related note, when I have only one screen (and no other connected displays), why does enabling the System>External Display have no visible effect? Even if the second display doesn't exist, why doesn't a secondary window open that I could then presumably bring back and use in tandem with the Main window? Why does it open (I suppose) in a disconnected area, unreachable by standard Windows commands?

Thanks for your help, folks.