using ipad as touch screen monitor

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

oliverst14

using ipad as touch screen monitor

Postby oliverst14 » 02 Dec 2015, 18:26

hello

im totally new to avolites and im already loving how well the this software works. im using the titan one as a stop gap as i currently use freetyler dmx and im wanting to move to a avolites desk but wanted to learn the functions before splashing out.
the huge problem im having is titan one not allowing midi (freestyler does) and i use it a hell of alot in shows to get me physical faders. its no suprise avo dont allow midi on this level because that would defeat the object of buying the consoles.

anyhow im trying to get some additional control using a touch screen display now as i understand this is what titan was designed for and should work great. i decided to see if i could get my ipad to run as the second display so i downloaded display duet which is an ipad app that lets me use my ipad as a second monitor. hey presto it worked and now i have extended display from my pc to my ipad.

here comes the problem:

i fired up titan one and dragged the titan program over to my ipad and opened up the visualiser on my main screen i thought great looks brilliant. then i tried to use the touch screen on the ipad and nothing it doesnt work. at first i thought it was a problem with the duet app so i closed titan down and then the touch screen on the ipad started working allowing me to control my pc from my ipad.

this has to be something to do with the software somehow blocking the touch screen output as all my other programs run seemlesly

could anyone shed some light as to wether this is just an isssue im expiriencing or if this is supposed to happen?

thankyou
oliverst14

Re: using ipad as touch screen monitor

Postby oliverst14 » 16 Dec 2015, 19:21

oliverst14 wrote:hello

im totally new to avolites and im already loving how well the this software works. im using the titan one as a stop gap as i currently use freetyler dmx and im wanting to move to a avolites desk but wanted to learn the functions before splashing out.
the huge problem im having is titan one not allowing midi (freestyler does) and i use it a hell of alot in shows to get me physical faders. its no suprise avo dont allow midi on this level because that would defeat the object of buying the consoles.

anyhow im trying to get some additional control using a touch screen display now as i understand this is what titan was designed for and should work great. i decided to see if i could get my ipad to run as the second display so i downloaded display duet which is an ipad app that lets me use my ipad as a second monitor. hey presto it worked and now i have extended display from my pc to my ipad.

here comes the problem:

i fired up titan one and dragged the titan program over to my ipad and opened up the visualiser on my main screen i thought great looks brilliant. then i tried to use the touch screen on the ipad and nothing it doesnt work. at first i thought it was a problem with the duet app so i closed titan down and then the touch screen on the ipad started working allowing me to control my pc from my ipad.

this has to be something to do with the software somehow blocking the touch screen output as all my other programs run seemlesly

could anyone shed some light as to wether this is just an isssue im expiriencing or if this is supposed to happen?

thankyou

Has anyone got any thoughts on this issue I'm having iv literally spent hours trying to get this working and it just won't happen is this simply impossible?
joshhodgson

Postby joshhodgson » 10 Jan 2016, 17:56

Having the same issue. Seems only to be Titan that has the issue. I'm running windows 10
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 22 Apr 2016, 19:22

please please can someone clarify if this is locked out or just a problem that can be resolved?

thanks
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 Apr 2016, 21:27

There is nothing in the Titan software specifically to prevent this, the software responds any normal mouse clicks from the operating system. It may have something to do with the way Duet is simulating the touch screen to Windows. As Titan runs as administrator it may be worth attempting to run the Duet software as administrator as well.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 21 Sep 2016, 12:50

I have a iPad Mini2. After saw this post, I bought duet on Appstore.

I run Titan on my win7 with intel i5-4670 CPU. And I have no problem with it.

It works, but I don't think it is very useful. Cause it is too slow, even with very low resolution and FPS.

I am very curious how iPad Pro or something better would work with duet.
Adrasoy

Postby Adrasoy » 02 Dec 2016, 18:17

I use my Ipad mini with Duet on my TM. I've never had any problems. The only problem I've ran into was that I wasn't running Duet as administrator, after I ran it as administrator the problems dissapeard. I'm running TM 9.1 win7 i7.

*update*I didn't see this what a treat for T1. But I'll try it on T1 in the comming days.
This is not just darkness, it's a very dark darkness...
martino.cerati

Postby martino.cerati » 11 Jan 2017, 00:26

tried with win 10 and titan 10

and touch on ipad with duet doesn't work.

m.
clublights

Postby clublights » 12 Jan 2017, 04:22

twomonUSB/Air works for me win10 and TitanV10 .... yes touch works too