Problem exporting reports

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Judge

Problem exporting reports

Postby Judge » 26 Jan 2015, 11:49

There seems to be a filepath problem on Titan One. My PC is run in user mode, but when Titan starts I have to enter my admin password, so the program is running as admin. No other program on my PC requires me to run as admin, and nor should it. Admin is for installing programs and making changes. Running in admin mode is bad practice and I hope this can be fixed. Anyway it causes further issue. When I save a file, or create a report it is saves into C:\users\admin\Documents\Titan\Show Files etc
So as its running in admin I would expect this - but - there is a part of the program that thinks it should be saving in user files location and when I create a patch report for instance it whirs away then pops up an error message saying that the location C:\users\james\Documents\Titan\Show Files\Reports\Bristol-260115-113425 is unavailable.
But if I look in admin\documents its there - so its trying to save in two locations or something.
Running Titan 8.1 on a Windows 7 PC
I feel that this is a bug and that also there should be an option so we can select where our files and temp files are saved.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Problem exporting reports

Postby niclights » 28 Jan 2015, 16:45

Hi, apologies for the delay. Some answers:

This has been confirmed as a bug and will hopefully be fixed in a future version.

In the meantime there is a workaround if you need. The following involves changes to the registry and so it should be done with care!

First you need to give the administrator account permission to write to the Titan directory for the james account.

In the registry change the following values under the key Software\Avolites\Titan:
- ShowData string to C:\users\james\Documents\Titan\Show Files
- UserPersonalityDirectory string to C:\users\james\Documents\Titan\Personalities

If the Registry Editor is run as administrator then these values will be under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, otherwise they will be under one of the HKEY_USERS (in this case it should be clear which as the path will only be in one).
Judge

Postby Judge » 28 Jan 2015, 18:13

Excellent, thanks so much - that works perfectly now. One unrelated question about Titan One - if running on a desktop without touchscreen, how do we access the items under the Avo key? Being as a mouse can only select one thing at once? Cannot seem to find a way to latch that on.
Cheers
James
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 Jan 2015, 18:33

Right-click = hold.
Judge

Postby Judge » 28 Jan 2015, 18:50

Doh! Thanks <shuffles off embarrassed>