ermm.. help?

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Brian WP

ermm.. help?

Postby Brian WP » 30 Jan 2014, 12:07

This is probably a simple thing but I'm having a bit of bother setting up a set of lights - We currently have a Jester 24 and decided to upgrade so we could use more lights and move into moving heads, but for now I just want to set up a set of footlights - these are made by Velleman and have a sticker on the back saying "smart led beam 10 x 3w warm white led" They are set as 12 channel and the jester controls them with channel 1 as the master dimmer, 2 as the strobe speed and then 3 to 12 individual dimmers for each lamp in the fitting. I am looking for an idiots guide to setting these up and how to program a simple chase - we have a bit of a background in club lighting and I dare say if I sit at the desk long enough I'll get it but anything for an easy life :mrgreen:
Gregory

Re: ermm.. help?

Postby Gregory » 30 Jan 2014, 12:22

Try the personality for Eurolite LED STP-10 10x3W.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jan 2014, 12:39

Gregory beat me to it with the fixture.

Patch one of these for each whole fixture. The master dimmer and shutter will appear when you select the fixture. You can then access the individual parts by selecting cells in the attribute editor or by unfolding the master fixture which will then reveal the ten cells as fixture handles.
If you wanted to make a simple chase that ran from 1-10 then you can use the following steps:

(any steps in square brackets mean softkeys)

- RECORD
- [chase]
- Select destination handle, for example one of the playback faders
- Select fixture
- @@ to set (master) dimmer to full)
- Open attribute editor or press UNFOLD followed by fixture
- Select first cell in attribute editor or handle in fixture window if you used unfold
- @@ (to set cell 1 at full)
- Select your chosen chase handle again to append step 1 or press [Append Step]
- @ [0%] (to set cell 1 at zero)
- Select cell 2
- @@
- Append
- @ [0%]
etc.
- After appending step 10 press exit to complete.
- Clear
- Fire chase (ie. lift playback fader) to test.

Speed and crossfade should be automatically linked to wheels.

Note that there are other ways to do some of the above, for example setting the intensity level can be done by wheel or by inputting the percentage level on the numeric pad followed by the softkey to apply (ie. [Dimmer]). Using @ tends to be quickest for full on/off applications, particularly on T1 where you have no physical wheels.

You can simplify the process further by using range select and the fix+1 (next) and fix-1 (prev) buttons. For example, you could click on each cell in the attribute editor until they are all selected and then use fix+1 to advance through each cell in turn. Similarly, if you unfolded you could drag a marquee around the ten cells in the fixture window which would select them all before using fix+1.

Finally, you could use a shape instead of a chase. In this case simply select the fixture, set master intensity to full, press [Shapes and Effects]/[Shape Generator]/[Create]/[Dimmer]/[Dimmer Spread]/[Apply to sub fixtures]. Select softkeys to move between wheel options. In particular you will want to adjust the speed and spread. A spread of 10 will create a wave through all the cells. Once you are happy press RECORD followed by destination playback. Clear and test.
Brian WP

Postby Brian WP » 30 Jan 2014, 13:40

Thanks, I'll have a go at that :mrgreen: