Switch from RX to TX mode

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

NE5534

Switch from RX to TX mode

Postby NE5534 » 20 May 2013, 16:16

Hi,

I can't find in the manual how to switch a T1 dongle between RX and TX mode.

Thanks
Gregory

Re: Switch from RX to TX mode

Postby Gregory » 21 May 2013, 13:42

Please ensure that you have assigned TitanOne in DMX Output Settings.

See the following tutorial video:
Connecting Titan One USB dongle
NE5534

Postby NE5534 » 21 May 2013, 14:32

Cheers,

In the end I just decided to go with re-installing the software and that seemed to do the trick.

Now to work out the next quirk (Why don't RGB reset when I press clear and why do the colour pallets effect a fixture even though the fixture is not selected..)
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 21 May 2013, 14:52

- Clear (dependant on clear mask) should only clear the programmer and revert dimmer values to HTP. RGB values are LTP and therefore will not change with clear.

- With user setting 'quick palettes' enabled (default), palettes will apply to all relevant fixtures if no fixtures are selected.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 21 May 2013, 15:15

If you hold down the Clear button and go into Clear Options there is an option to Release to Playback Values instead of Freeze Current Values (the default). See example with playbacks below for more information about how release works, like with the Release Mask, Release to Playback Values will return the Power On value if no playback is controlling them.

Playbacks can also be changed to release values by setting the Release Mask under Playback Options so that the values return to a previous playback when the current playback is killed or if there are no other playbacks controlling that attribute it will return to the Power On (Home) value. For example, you have 3 playbacks recorded by channel, the first has dimmer at 100%, the second has red (RGB @ 255,0,0) and the third has green (RGB @ 0,255,0). Both the second and third playbacks are set to release colour in the mask, then locate the fixtures and clear. Bringing up the first fader will bring the intensity of the fixtures in and the colour will be white. As soon as the second fader is raised the fixtures will jump to red, and when the third fader is raised the fixtures will jump to green. When the third fader is lowered to zero the fixtures will fade back to red over 2 seconds (the default release time) and when the second fader is lowered they will fade back to black: the Power On value as there is no playback controlling the colour.

Another option is to set playbacks to Mode 2 where the LTP values in the playback will fade according to the position of the fader. If you are wanting RGB control on 3 faders the main thing to ensure is that each fader only has one channel recorded in it. For example, the red playback should only have the value for red at 100% recorded and not green or blue (even if they are at 0%).
NE5534

Postby NE5534 » 21 May 2013, 19:26

Gregory wrote:If you hold down the Clear button and go into Clear Options there is an option to Release to Playback Values instead of Freeze Current Values (the default).

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. Finding these sub menus can sometimes be difficult to stumble across. When I hit clear I was wanting everything to home.

niclights wrote:With user setting 'quick palettes' enabled (default), palettes will apply to all relevant fixtures if no fixtures are selected.

Makes sense I suppose, very confusing when you're not expecting it though. Thank you.