Unable to Install Dongle Driver

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

eddstanton

Unable to Install Dongle Driver

Postby eddstanton » 19 May 2013, 17:57

I have tried to get the Titan One dongle to work on two different machines, one running XP and one running Vista.

On both machines, the dongle will only Rx. I have tried all suggestion in earlier posts, including re-installing the software etc.

When trying to run the Expert USB fix, it pulls up an error on both machines, saying it is unable to find c:\windows\system32\wdapi1100.dll however i have checked the machines, and both have this file...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Edd
Gregory

Re: Unable to Install Dongle Driver

Postby Gregory » 19 May 2013, 18:41

First can you unplug the TitanOne dongle if it is connected then restart your computer. Once Windows as started, open USB Expert Console from the Start Menu (under Programs > Avolites). In USB Expert Console, select Repair USB Drivers from the Tools menu and confirm the prompt that appears. After the repair is complete, go to Tools > Acw Service > Start then plug in the TitanOne dongle. It should appear in the list of Connected Panels in the top left of the window, if so, run the TitanOne software from the Start Menu.
eddstanton

Postby eddstanton » 20 May 2013, 23:59

I have tried this but the result remains the same. The console does not appear in the connected consoles box, and windows still tries to find the drivers for the dongle every time it is plugged into the USB port. Windows cannot find the drivers.

I have also checked and only windriver appears below Avolites in device manager. The Titan One dongle always appears in the 'other' section and has the broken symbol.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 21 May 2013, 13:13

What is the error code and message shown for the TitanOne dongle in Device Manager when you right-click and go to properties?
eddstanton

Postby eddstanton » 23 May 2013, 21:27

"This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element."