Titan One problem with LEDJ Quad Par 64

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

bazzabates

Titan One problem with LEDJ Quad Par 64

Postby bazzabates » 12 Apr 2013, 21:41

Hi there. I have recently purchased a Titan One dongle and have been trying it. It works with generic lights but I am having problems with a profile written for a LEDJ Quad Par 64. It wont allow me to change the colour of the unit. It seems to be channel 7 which controls No function, Colour Macro, Colour change and colour fade. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so what is the fix.
Thanks
Bryan.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan One problem with LEDJ Quad Par 64

Postby niclights » 12 Apr 2013, 21:57

This will be a problem with the personality and almost certainly the colour macro channel as you say. The definition is correct according to the fixture manual but it is not uncommon for manuals to be wrong. I suspect that where the manual says 'no function' is anywhere from 0-4 it actually needs to be at 0.

To test this theory please patch as 7 dimmers. Set dimmer 1 to full and see if you get RGBW control over 3,4,5 & 6 respectively. If that works then you should also be able to prove the fault by raising dimmer 7 to anywhere from 1-3 (note that since the default wheel display for dimmers is percentage rather than raw DMX you will need to open the DMX output view to see the actual values here).

Once we know what actually works I can explain how to fix it.
bazzabates

Postby bazzabates » 13 Apr 2013, 17:26

Hi there.
As you suspected it works by using individual channels, what do i need to do now to solve the problem.
Thanks Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Apr 2013, 18:04

Assuming you have one of these patched:

In Titan:

- Patch/[Edit Personality]

(Personality Builder application should open ready with the personality to edit)

In Personality Builder:

- Select 'Colour Macro' in the attributes section on the left
- Select the DMX values tab bottom-right
- Change the DMX End value for no function to zero
- Save

In Titan select the softkey to apply changes.

That should be it.
bazzabates

Postby bazzabates » 14 Apr 2013, 19:34

Hi there,
Thanks for all your help, the fix worked and now it controls the led unit. Now all I've got is to learn the software for a show next week.
Thanks again
Bryan