Titan One (or any other simulator) will not start

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Judge

Titan One (or any other simulator) will not start

Postby Judge » 05 Apr 2013, 12:29

I have a PC running Windows 7 Ultimate, with Asus GTX260 graphics card. 9 times out of ten Titan will not start. I click the agreement button and then on both screens it just sits there saying Starting Titan...
Forever.
This is a very stable machine with no junk on it. Anyone else run into this problem? I really want to get this working so I can use Capture.
Cheers
J
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan One (or any other simulator) will not start

Postby niclights » 05 Apr 2013, 12:56

You should only have to do the agreement once, so maybe this is a clue? Firewall perhaps? Try disabling temporarily.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 05 Apr 2013, 15:19

Has it ever started before, at least once?

I'd say the startup problem sounds familiar - I myself are having it every now and then. There is a file into which the software writes its current state when closing the program, which then is loaded upon program start. And if this file is corrupted, Titan may fail to start.

Delete or rename this file: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Avolites\Titan\SHUTDOWN.d4b

After deleting, Titan should start fine, asking you to load a new show. Backdraw: you will loose the previous state - that's why I made a habit of frequently saving my show, in particular before closing the program.
Judge

Postby Judge » 05 Apr 2013, 17:17

yes it has started a couple of time, but it crashed both times after a while. I have disabled firewall, and also tried to run it from an admin account and it still would not start. I then deleted that file as suggested and now it will start. It does however insist on the startup disclaimer every time.
It also does not install in the user account, so while I can run it from my regular user account all its files are in the admin folder.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Apr 2013, 18:06

It's weird that a problem with the shutdown file should stop it from working. It is just a showfile. Certainly if the file is not present it will just say it can't find a file and ask whether you want to load a previous show or start a new one. I have seen a number of instances of the show not saving on shutdown or unexpectedly coming up with the 'no show found' error, but this has never prevented it from starting.

The crashing sounds very suspicious. I doubt it is actually crashing. I have never seen a release build crash on any platform, either console or PC. It sounds like something is not right with the install (perhaps related to the user account privilidges?) or something else is conflicting with it while it is running.

It might be worth checking the log files for clues, including windows event viewer.
clublights

Postby clublights » 06 Apr 2013, 03:30

niclights wrote:You should only have to do the agreement once, so maybe this is a clue? Firewall perhaps? Try disabling temporarily.

I have to click the agreement everytime myself.. no firewalls on my internet ..

tho I don't know windows well ..

windows 8 pro is what I'm running. any ideas ?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 06 Apr 2013, 11:47

Sorry, I was thinking about the simulator. It is normal to have the agreement each time for T1. It is not needed for Titan Simulator.
mansur

Postby mansur » 10 Apr 2013, 13:08

Hello,Avolites Titan PC Suite v6.1 Release Notes 29/10/2012 96.03 MB downloaded,'''' akticasyon computer key code sent, the code I have written, computer did start again, but it does not work similstör titan, Disabled THis SECREEN ENTER TO ENABLE END SYSTEM MODE SELECT DISPLAY Setup'''', (my computer toshiba i3 Processor 32-bit), I would be glad if you help me, (note: I want to run manual activasyon ),thanks.
SLS

Postby SLS » 12 Apr 2013, 12:54

Hi, Windows 7 is always a problem when installing Avo software.
I have found that win 7 'locks' files even if you have the admin rights to edit or delete them especially if they are in my docs, program files or windows files.
I had loads of problems installing on win 7 because of this. I installed a program called 'take ownership'
After install and reboot you right click on program file, my docs, windows file and take ownership of them.
Windows 7 seems to want to not let you do anything at all including adding or editing fixtures as the library is located in the in side the program file and so is the start file.
Give it a go it fix lots of problem I had.