Unable to start USB expert

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

SLS

Postby SLS » 14 Feb 2013, 21:51

Hi I to have the same problem, everything looks like it should work but when you start Titan one everything runs but no DMX or green led.

The laptop running Vista 32bit has 3Gb memory.
Dongle installed and yellow led flashes
When you run USB expert no ACW is running!
Run “Start” from tools menu, message unable to start USB expert
Can’t find anything on forum regarding ACW starting!
Un/re installed several times, installed net 3.5 still not usb DMX (green Led flashing)
Called Peter at Avo, he said that the DMX needed to be assigned!!
This is not an option in Ttan one !!!, come on Avo guys, this product is to make people want to buy a console.
I was also told that all technical support was via this forum, so there it is.
Anyone else got the same problem.
Works fine on XP, Win 7 laptop but not Vista 32bit

I see lots of unanswered questions on the Titan one pages, are this issues not being addressed
masoundbob

Postby masoundbob » 18 Feb 2013, 19:22

This is the same problem I am having with windows 8
See dongle issue
Bob Williams
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 19 Feb 2013, 12:03

Please can you tell me what the error message says when you attempt to start the service? Then look at the Troubleshooting post and tell me if the correct items in device manager and system services? Can you confirm that Windows Vista has all the latest service packs and updates installed?

Although this does not appear to be relevant in your case, let me clarify that assigning DMX outputs is definitely an option in TitanOne. This allows you to choose whether your single DMX output will be through the physical connector or an Art-Net output using the Ethernet port of your computer. It is also possible when loading larger shows with many lines patched to choose which of the lines to output. Because of this it is possible unassign your DMX output or have it on a different line, which is why this should be one of the first things to check when experiencing problems with DMX output.