Titan One Vis not remembering edits on restart

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

clublights

Titan One Vis not remembering edits on restart

Postby clublights » 25 Jan 2013, 14:09

When I close and reopen the titan one software it seems ot forget any edits I made in the Vis set up.

all of the fixtures move back to the "default" position. this happens with auto update on or off.

if I reload the show from a saved section all returns to normal ( most of the time) I have had it lose the theatre set up a couple of times even on a show load from save till I saved it separately so I could reload with ease I had to rebuild it 3 times before I did this

Here is my set up

Retina MacBook Pro Boot Camp
Windows 8 Pro
16GB of RAM
512GB SSD drive
.net 3.5 sp1 and .net 4.0/4.5

All updates windows can find
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Jan 2013, 16:10

It appears there are some issues that can occur with theatres in showfiles which I have done some research on recently. However, theatres saved and loaded manually work correctly so the workaround for now is ensure you save the theatre separately and reload it after loading a show.
clublights

Postby clublights » 25 Jan 2013, 17:33

I did some testing ( including a complete windows /titan reinstall)

the problem is when you add a Generic Scroller + Dimmer

old shows ( from V5 titan) worked fine before adding a Scroller + Dimmer but failed as soon as one was added

Dittio for the Demo Show

Real pain for me as I have 10 of these on the show :shock:

How do I submit a bug report for Titan like this ? or will you handle it for me Nic?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Jan 2013, 17:40

The problem is actually more complicated than that, although I can imagine this is one example of how to cause it to go wrong. I have already entered details of the issue into the system.

As long as you manually save and load theatres it will always work correctly. Slightly annoying for sure but aside from remembering to load the theatre each time you start a session (and perhaps also having to move an extra file around if you are jumping between different consoles) it should not quite be the end of the world. I hope.
clublights

Postby clublights » 25 Jan 2013, 17:47

Not the end of the world.. just a pain ..

and keep worrying I'll mess it up and lose some programming or something

At least I know it's not "just me" now.

Thanks for the help !!!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Jan 2013, 17:56

Don't worry about losing programming. Treat the theatre and your show as separate entities. Whenever you manually load a theatre it will restore exactly as when it saved and cannot affect any of the show programming. When saving (both theatres and shows) I highly recommend always saving often and always with new names each time just in case.