Titan One and Visuliser Prog

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

AndrewRPage

Titan One and Visuliser Prog

Postby AndrewRPage » 07 Jan 2013, 20:22

Is It ME, Probably!

I want to build a theater in the visuliser programme, its a lot easier.
So built the Theater in the Visuliser programme and saved it but I can't see the file from within Titan 1 even though the file is there!
So I tried building the basics in Titan 1 then saved both the show and Theater then closed 1 and edited the Theater file in the Visuliser programme ALL GOOD.
Re opened Titan 1 and the changes were not there, re opened the Theatre from withing Titan 1 but no changes.

Am I missing something?
:oops:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jan 2013, 20:34

Make sure update is set to disabled in the visualiser workspace context menu before opening the file.

If it still isn't working then double-check the file you are opening is the correct one.
AndrewRPage

Thanks still stuck

Postby AndrewRPage » 07 Jan 2013, 21:03

niclights wrote:Make sure update is set to disabled in the visualiser workspace context menu before opening the file.

If it still isn't working then double-check the file you are opening is the correct one.

Turned Auto Update to off.
Will have a play and see how that works.

Whats the best way to start?
If I create a Theater in the visuliser should I be able to see it in 1 with update off, by just opening the Theater in the Visuliser workspace?
If I look at Theatres to open when in the Visuliser programme I see a lot of files I have created in the programme, when "Opening Theatre" in T1 I only see files created in T1.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jan 2013, 23:11

Yes, you should just be able to open it. There is no difference between the Visualiser workspace in Titan and the separate application other than slight differences in the interface. Auto-update attempts to add fixtures automatically according to the show patch and so can interfere with manually created theatres.

It sounds to me like the files saved from when you ran Visualiser separately are located in a different directory to the one that the open theatre dialog in Titan is defaulting to. I'm not entirely sure why that would be but I suggest going back and looking carefully at the path where you saved the files and check that you are pointing there when opening in T1.
AndrewRPage

Getting Clearer.

Postby AndrewRPage » 08 Jan 2013, 08:08

Thanks, getting clearer.

The directory is the correct one though, I can see all files including T1 created ones in Visuliser prog but only a few, those created in T1, when looking from T1 workspace, this seems wrong.
So if I create a new Theatre in Visuliser prog I can't see it in T1 to open it.

I can see all Theatres from the Vis Prog but if I edit a T1 created Theatre in Vis Prog the changes do not show when I open it in T1 Vis.

I'm obviously missing something fundamental here.

Initially I patched the lights into a basic Theare within T1 as it was quicker to patch lights there.
I can do it all in Vis Prog BUT cant see the file in Ti.

Will play a bit more tonight, off to earn money now!

Thanks for advice
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 08 Jan 2013, 16:02

When you run Visualiser separately files that you save to the Theatres directory will not be stored in the Program Files directory but instead be saved in the VirtualStore. Windows does this transparently so that Visualiser is unaware that this is happening, in the open dialog you may see a padlock symbol indicating this.

If you browse to the following directory you should find the saved theatre files:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Avolites\Visualiser\Theatres
Replace <username> with the name of your user account and remove the ' (x86)' if you are running 32bit Windows.

The best solution would be to change the Theatre directory to be under your Documents folder, you can change this setting in Advanced > Preferences in Visualiser (when run separately).
AndrewRPage

Thanks Gregory

Postby AndrewRPage » 08 Jan 2013, 20:08

I have looked at these 2 files and can now see where the missing ones have gone.
However the Visuliser prog has its preferences set to the /Programs/... file BUT it actually saves in the other location EVEN if I navigate back up the directory and down to the correct one!!! I think it might sometimes save it in both!

I'm not really sure whats going on or how to manage this.

But I can now have a play around by looking in both directories.

Thanks again.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Jan 2013, 20:32

A few pointers:

- 'Save Theatre' will only replace a loaded file in its original location, regardless of the preferences settings.
- Changing the default directory in preferences only takes effect after closing/restarting the application.
- 'Open Theatre' will use the default directory initially but if you navigate elsewhere it will go to the new location next time.
- 'Save As...' dialog will always return to the default directory each time you invoke it.

So, make sure you restart after changing preferences if you want it to automatically be ready at your chosen directory and use 'Save As...' to make your file go there initially. Obviously once it is in the right place 'Save Theatre' will continue to keep it there although I highly recommend saving a different theatre each time just in case (also good practice for showfiles).
AndrewRPage

Mostly sorted

Postby AndrewRPage » 16 Jan 2013, 22:56

I can now work on Theatres in either the visualiser or T1.
Thanks for the help.
Now I just need the dongle so I can play with some real lights.
It's on order 8)