Palettes

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

GaryShooter

Palettes

Postby GaryShooter » 11 Dec 2012, 10:20

Hi,

I've been following the Titan One "Quick Start" guide, and found the section on Palettes in section 7 a good introduction.

My expectation regarding Palettes was that I could create a Palette, use it in a number of Cues, and any future changes to the Palette would be reflected into the Cues that use it. After reading section 5 of the v6.0 Titan Mobile manual my expectation was confirmed, with the manual describing how a reference to the Palette is stored in the Cue, rather than the actual attribute values.

So, I gave it a go. I created a colour Palette, created a Cue List, and applied the Palette to one of the Cues. All good so far.

I then went back and modified the Palette, and then viewed the Cue that contained the Palette. What I find is that although the Palette has been successfully modified, the Cue still contains the old values for the Palette.

I assume I must be doing something wrong. Maybe, when I apply the Palette, I have to do something "special" in order to say "refer to Palette " rather than "use the absolute values". I checked the Titan One Quick Start guide, but in section 8.1 "Record Modes" on Page 13 it just says "Apply a band position palette and a colour palette", so I assume there isn't any more to it other than clicking on the Palette to apply it to the Programmer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Gary
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Dec 2012, 11:18

It's a bug with cue view. The palette reference definitely works.
GaryShooter

Postby GaryShooter » 13 Dec 2012, 16:13

Thanks for the reply Nic. I agree that the palette works as expected, and that it is just the Cue view that is wrong.
AndrewRPage

Re: Palettes

Postby AndrewRPage » 15 Jul 2013, 21:03

I realise this is a an old thread but didn't want to start a new one.
I have a show where pallets form the building blocks of cues in a Cue Stack (non tracking).
I have modified one pallet using the pallet view.
Yes if I just trigger the original pallet it has changed BUT none of the cues in the Cue Stack using this pallets have updated. :cry:

Also where is the "Update pallet" the button or its equivalent.
:(

Thanks

Andrew
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Jul 2013, 22:09

I have not been able to repeat this in 6.1. I record a couple of colour-mix palettes, clear, start recording cue-list, select fixtures, select palette 1, record cue 1, select palette 2, record cue 2. View palette 1, change values, replay list = new colours in cue 1. Turn off tracking. View and adjust palette 2. Replay = new colours in cue 2. Please post consistent steps to repeat from new show if you are able.

Edit palette button is named Edit.
AndrewRPage

Postby AndrewRPage » 25 Jul 2013, 21:23

Sorry to take so long to respond to your very quick reply.
But did not want to mess about during the show, even with a new play file Just In Case.
Anyway I have not been able to recreate the problem.
The palette was a normal with Intensity and colour included, I had adjusted the Intensity and saved it but it had not changed the intensity.
Not sure what I did wrong but it all works fine now
I think put it down to operator error.
Thanks again
:)