No DMXOUTPUT

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

djurban

No DMXOUTPUT

Postby djurban » 29 Nov 2012, 14:47

Hi I am not getting no dmx output, Ive had a look in my system>dmx settings
but the expert dmx is not letting me add it on the line 1as it is only showing me the i sign and not the arrow?
john rogers

Postby john rogers » 29 Nov 2012, 15:05

Hi,

Can you:
• Unplug the dongle
• Uninstall all your Avolites software (your showfiles won’t be deleted)
• Restart your machine
• Install again
• Restart again
• Plug the dongle in
• Run the software

That should rule out what’s causing this.

John :)
Used to work at Avo. Freelance now.
djurban

Postby djurban » 29 Nov 2012, 16:44

john rogers wrote:Hi,

Can you:
• Unplug the dongle
• Uninstall all your Avolites software (your showfiles won’t be deleted)
• Restart your machine
• Install again
• Restart again
• Plug the dongle in
• Run the software

That should rule out what’s causing this.

John :)

just tried that still same problem?
adamabcd

Postby adamabcd » 29 Nov 2012, 20:14

Hi,
If you run the Avolites USB Expert Console (under All Programs - Avolites) can you see "Titan One DMX Panel 1" in the connected panels pane?
If not, then I would suggest that this could be a problem with the Jungo Windriver installation which is part of the Titan One installation. In Windows Device Manager you should see 2 entries under "Avolites". These are T1-DMX AND Windriver. Check these and get back with the results.
Thanks Adam.
djurban

Postby djurban » 03 Dec 2012, 20:44

Hi I managed to solve the problem as I bought a new laptop and titan one software now picks it up but the problem im having is that I have patched my 2 lights in with the correct mode and set the dmx address on my lights correct but the lights do not respond to the software its as if the dmx signal is not being sent to the light... any help?
adamabcd

Postby adamabcd » 03 Dec 2012, 21:04

Hi,
Is the green led on the Titan One flashing?
This would show that the driver is set to output mode, whereas a yellow led flashing would indicate that the Titan One is in receive mode.
There is a useful dmx test facility in the UsbExpert console.
First select the Titan One DMX panel in the connected panels pane, then the DMX tab at the top.From there you can set TX or RX mode. When in TX mode the green led will flash and the slider will control the channels between the start and end addresses selected.
Can you get any response from your lights here?
Adam
djurban

Postby djurban » 03 Dec 2012, 23:38

hi yes the green tx light is flashing on the dongle
djurban

Postby djurban » 06 Dec 2012, 11:41

Any Help? Cant get my fixtures to move in the titan one software? When I move the Channel in DMX Expert that responds but no the software
adam

Postby adam » 06 Dec 2012, 14:20

Hi,
As you can control from UsbExpert, this means that the drivers are installed ok, the Acw service is running and the hardware is functioning. What fixtures are you using? Have you tried other fixtures? I suggest start a new show and try patching some dimmers that correspond to the channels which were working in UsbExpert. Then see if the dimmers control the light in the same way. Or do you actually have some dimmers that you can try to control? Maybe this is a fixture personality issue?
Adam
rflipperh

Postby rflipperh » 06 Dec 2012, 16:38

So many problems here! I have no DMX output from the Titan one console but I DO have it from USB expert console. However each time I open Titan one software it switches the dongle back to RX mode. Why?

If I open the titan one software THEN open USB Expert control and switch it over to TX I can still control from usb expert but NOT from titan one.

I currently have a three channel RBG LED par on DMX address 1. I've tried patching as three dimmers and as a generic 3ch RGB. No control either way.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 06 Dec 2012, 21:35

It sounds like you have not assigned the TitanOne DMX output in DMX settings. In system (Shift + Disk) select DMX Settings. You should see TitanOne appear on the left, select it, then select Line 1 on the right. You should see the node move to line one.

If you are still having problems then can you post a screen grab of the DMX settings view.
Avolites Software Team
djurban

still no output

Postby djurban » 17 Dec 2012, 01:38

I don't understand some people are telling me that I am suppose to have expert dmx on line one and now your saying I need to have titan one, this is really frustrating because I have had this dongle for almost 3 weeks now and I still cant get it to give me output ive emailed a picture before and never got no reply, can you guys please help me because I am running my lights of test mode at my gigs and cant do this for xmas and Nye...
Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 17 Dec 2012, 13:22

I think Olie's reply was in response to the customer who hijacked your thread in the post immediately above.

Did you try Adam's suggestion of patching some dimmers? This is a standard problem solving procedure to take possible personality errors out of the equation.

Steps as follows:

- New show
- Connect just one fixture, local to the dongle on a single cable if possible (to eliminate line faults).
- Set fixture address to DMX 001
- Patch 20x dimmer from DMX 001 thru' DMX 020
- Exit patch
- Select all dimmers and set to full

Does the fixture respond in any way?