Ltp attribute clear to zero

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Ltp attribute clear to zero

Postby htevents » 06 Mar 2023, 22:10

Hello all,

I have a DMX controlled RGY laser.
On DMX channel 1 it has it’s functions eg. off, sound mode, auto mode, DMX mode 1 and DMX mode 2.

In the personality builder I have made an Intensity attribute and made the functions. When in Titan One for example I set the Intensity attribute to DMX mode 1 and recorded it as a palette.
When I clear the programmer, it doesn’t return to zero (off). Is it possible to set a clear value (zero/off) for this attribute, so when I clear the programmer, the fixture returns to it’s “off” state?

I hope this is not too confusing, English is not my native language, so explaining something is sometimes difficult, sorry.
icke_siegen

Re: Ltp attribute clear to zero

Postby icke_siegen » 07 Mar 2023, 07:30

Hi,

unfortunately the Clear value is not working for LTP values. There are two options:
  • either you make this HTP: the Attribute ID needs to be 'Dimmer' and the Attribute Group 'Intensity' - but I don't know if this is suitable for your fixture
  • or, unrelated to the personality, you may use the Clear options in Titan: hold the Clear button, select Clear Options from the menu, and toggle 'Freeze Current Values' to 'Release to Playback Values'. However this affects the entire show and not only one specific fixture.
htevents

Postby htevents » 07 Mar 2023, 08:46

Thank you for your answer.

I already have it at attribute group "Intensity", but it now has attribute ID "Function". I have 4 functions within the attribute called "Off", "Sound", "Auto", "DMX 1" and "DMX 2". They are set as text only. If I change the attribute ID to "Dimmer" will it act as HTP or is "text only" also making it still LTP?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 07 Mar 2023, 13:44

I believe the major thing is the Attribute ID.

I did a quick 'test fixture' with only one attribute: name and ID are 'Dimmer', and it contains five text values as you described:

attr_id.png
attr_id.png (31.41 KiB) Viewed 11658 times

values.png
values.png (29.86 KiB) Viewed 11658 times

If I do something with this fixture and the press clear (provided that I don't have a playback with another value) this channel returns to 0.