Different attributes depending on DMX mode laser

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Different attributes depending on DMX mode laser

Postby htevents » 02 Mar 2023, 00:37

Hello all,

I have a China 8 DMX channel rgy laser and it seems that it has 2 DMX modi.

Channel 1 controls the mode of the laser eg. off, sound, auto and dmx.

But it seems that on the first channel, I can select not 1, but 2 dmx modi. The first one is from value 150 to 199 and the second mode is from 200 to 255.

If I select value 150 on channel 1, I have a certain amount of patterns to choose from by using values with channel 2.

If I select 200 on channel 1, I also have a certain amount of patterns to choose from with channel 2, but those patterns are different.

Can I do something in the personality builder so that the shown text for the pattern attribute (channel 2) is different depending on the value selected for the control (channel 1)?

I hope this makes any sense. If not, I try to explain better.
icke_siegen

Re: Different attributes depending on DMX mode laser

Postby icke_siegen » 02 Mar 2023, 07:54

Assuming you are talking about Titan personalities: yes that's well possible. Actually it is rather standard for many spot fixtures where gobos function likewise. You have to create conditions and probably need to set the Update property so that if one channel changes the display of the other is updated. I'd recommend to open one of the existing spot fixture personalities and have a look.
htevents

Postby htevents » 02 Mar 2023, 08:43

icke_siegen wrote:Assuming you are talking about Titan personalities: yes that's well possible. Actually it is rather standard for many spot fixtures where gobos function likewise. You have to create conditions and probably need to set the Update property so that if one channel changes the display of the other is updated. I'd recommend to open one of the existing spot fixture personalities and have a look.

That makes sense ofcourse. I have already a bit of experience building my own personalities, but this seemed different to me.

Can I make the control channel linked to the intensity attribute, but have the patterns under gobo attribute? If yes, where do I make the conditions?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 02 Mar 2023, 08:54

There are many. Let's take the Robe Robin 300E Spot: here, another 'virtual' attribute is used: e.g. Gobo 1 Func, where you select between Fixed, Index, Shake etc. Depending from this there are different ranges in the actual Gobo 1 attribute:

perso_cond.png
perso_cond.png (39.04 KiB) Viewed 12224 times

While Nic is certainly much more fluent in explaining this I would offer, if you'd post or send the DMX table of this fixture, to help, implement and explain this with your real example.
htevents

Postby htevents » 02 Mar 2023, 09:35

Thanks again.

I knew about the virtual attributes and different functions, but missed this way as a solution for this fixture.

At the moment I am working on a DMX table of the fixture, but it is not finished yet, because I have at least one channel I can't figure out it's function haha.

It is an older fixture and from China, so no documentation for it at all and I have not found a more common fixture with the same function on the same channels yet.

So I still have a bit of work to do on it, but will report back when I have finished the DMX table.