LED BATTEN CELL

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

NMSK

LED BATTEN CELL

Postby NMSK » 16 Jun 2021, 13:06

I would like to create a Virtual Dimmer to dim each of the 12 cell LED BATTEN, what is the best way to do this?

Using Elation's SIXBAR1212 fixture, and the individual cells only have color attributes.

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked.
icke_siegen

Re: LED BATTEN CELL

Postby icke_siegen » 17 Jun 2021, 14:44

The best bet is to request this at https://personalities.avolites.com/Request%20Queue.asp As there are some details to be followed when creating a virtual dimmer this is certainly the recommended way!

There is no such fixture in the library yet. Which one ar you using?

Some more details on cells and virtual dimmers: https://www.avolites.de/downloads/perso ... 0howto.pdf
niclights
The eManual

Re: LED BATTEN CELL

Postby niclights » 17 Jun 2021, 16:13

Is it the Elation SIXBAR 1000?

Some of the multi-cell modes in that personality already have virtual dimmers on the cells. Those with a master dimmer currently do not. As a general guide the dimmer in these needs to be set to have no resolution/channel offset and replaced with a 'Master Dimmer' then the cells need to have a virtual dimmer adding and linked to the dimmer in the master (or preferably replaced with the cells that already have a virtual dimmer). At the moment only one HTP control is supported so this comes with the compromise that the master dimmer behaves as LTP. Hopefully it will be possible to improve this in the future.

As Sebastian says there are a number of requirements which are difficult to explain in detail here. If you submit a request I can update and then you can always take a look at the updated version if you want to understand how it was done.