Error in fixture personality. The Attributes will not be displayed correctly.

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Edzertainment

Error in fixture personality. The Attributes will not be displayed correctly.

Postby Edzertainment » 13 Dec 2020, 20:26

Hi all,

I am having some trouble creating a personality file for a spot movinghead.
Made several personality files over the years but this one has an error message: Error in fixture personality. The Attributes will not be displayed correctly.
Except that everything works just fine. The only annoying part of this problem is that this message keeps popping up everytime I select it.

There is also something else I can't seem to fix which might be related to this popup. I cannot put the pan/tilt on page 1 and the pan/tilt fine on page 2 when editing the classic pearl wheel mapping.

Things I have tried to fix the problem:
- Change file name
- Check all DMX Values
- Check all inserted fuctions
- Change wheel mapping

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
I could put the file on a onedrive link if needed.

Looking forward for the responses.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Error in fixture personality. The Attributes will not be displayed correctly.

Postby niclights » 13 Dec 2020, 21:26

This error message usually relates to a wheel mapping conflict.

Classic Pearl wheel mapping relates only to generating R20 files for Classic consoles.

Select the Wheel Mapping tab to reveal the wheel mapping page then select the Diamond 4 & Titan tab if it isn't already and ensure there is nothing showing in red (checking pages as required). If there is drag-drop to a free slot. Note that the dimmer and pan/tilt slots are not pageable. Also, 'fine' controls are the LSB (least significant bit) part of 16bit controls. For these to work correctly you need to change the resolution of these attributes to 16bit rather than having separate attributes for the MSB and LSB parts.
Edzertainment

Re: Error in fixture personality. The Attributes will not be displayed correctly.

Postby Edzertainment » 14 Dec 2020, 20:45

Hi Niclights,

Thanks for the quick and helpful response!
At first I made two seperate attributes for the pan and fine pan, same for tilt.
Changing this to a single 16bit indeed solved the problem.

Thanks again for helping me out!