IF ELSE CONDITION

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jijokv

IF ELSE CONDITION

Postby jijokv » 22 Apr 2019, 09:28

HI ,
needed a better understanding of this if else condition how it works please. i have a c++ background if that helps with the explaining...
also i have a fixture from vello xp800 moving wash its got this feature of individual controls of the led rings wanted advice on how i would go about organizing this ..
currently its page1 page 2 page 3 ive done..... would be a hassle for anyone other than me.. well thats all from my side.. looking forward to hearing from you . thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: IF ELSE CONDITION

Postby niclights » 22 Apr 2019, 10:03

The condition string syntax is mostly explained in the prompt at the bottom of the screen when you select the condition field but to reiterate the condition statement references the attribute ID and function ID (number). The attribute ID must be enclosed in single quotes. Logical operators are == for equal to, && for AND and || for OR.

For rings you need to use cells which are made from other modes (for example if you have 3 rings each with RGBW you make a mode with just the RGBW controls and then add 3x this as cells. Normally you would also set the RGBW mode to hidden so that it doesn't appear in the list when patching). All controls in cells should be linked to controls in the master where they have no resolution/channel offset. The linking will be done automatically if you have this option ticked (on by default). If you add cells to a mode it will automatically change to a multi-cell mode or you can start creating a multi-cell mode without adding cells by holding Alt when adding controls. In multi-cell modes all controls should be in the master or cells section (the Compatibility Attributes section is only used for Diamond 4 consoles, generating R20 and pre version 5 Titan).

Perhaps you could look at some existing examples and then come back with specific questions if you have any?

Alternatively you could submit a request for this via the form on the website here. In this case if available online please include a link to documentation containing full DMX mapping in the notes section of the form. Otherwise please upload with the request. Note that the request form currently only permits one .pdf or .zip format file no larger than 3MB per request.