Updating personality used in show

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Updating personality used in show

Postby htevents » 26 Feb 2019, 08:17

I couldn''t find it with the search function, so I will ask it here:
I have to use the personality of the Amercan DJ Pocket Spot to control the fixtures used in a show I have to busk (chinese clones). If the channel values differ a bit from the used fixture and I edit the personality file within the Personality Builder, then I save the file back to the personality folder of Titan, will it automaticly update the personality used in the show?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Updating personality used in show

Postby niclights » 26 Feb 2019, 10:36

No. In this case you need to update manually via PATCH, [Edit Fixtures], [Update Personality]. Although if it is a different fixture I would recommend saving as a new personality with a different name and then exchange (note that if you do create a new fixture you will need to restart the software to index the new personality).

Alternatively if you use PATCH, [Edit Fixtures], [Edit Personality] this will lauch Personality Builder with the chosen personality loaded. Then when you save Titan will ask if you want to update. Additionally personalities edited this way will be saved in the custom personalities folder which is preserved when running recoveries and ensures the original is left unaffected.
htevents

Postby htevents » 26 Feb 2019, 11:09

Thanks Nic for the quick answer. If I choose the ADJ Pocket Spot as basic in the personality builder and I save it under a different name after making the changes, how to create/export the internal capture vis file for the new fixture?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Feb 2019, 11:38

Unfortunately you cannot edit or make your own Capture Visualiser files. The Titan personality contains links to the relevant Capture file. If the simulation still works ok with the personality edits then you could just continue using that. But if you would like a Capture simulation of the actual fixture you are using please submit a new Titan personality and associated Capture Visualiser request via the form on the personality website. Note that in order to produce the Titan personality we will require documentation containing full DMX mapping information. In order to produce useful and accurate Capture Visualiser simulations, in addition to full DMX mapping information we will need comprehensive details about the fixture such as photometric data (i.e. light source/ total power in Watts/ IES file with total lumens/ colour temperature/ beam angle or zoom range in degrees and how it relates to the associated DMX control), physical drawings/dimensions and, where relevant, default pan/tilt ranges and calibration, colour names including which wheel and DMX ranges/slot numbers they relate to with coordinates in CIE 1931 or RGB values, high quality gobo images (minimum resolution 128px) including which wheel and DMX ranges/slot numbers they relate to (unfortunately photographs cannot be used), pixel layouts and framing shutter calibration. It is not possible to derive this information from personality files in any form.

The fixture manufacturer should be able to provide all of the required details and usually they will be included in the fixture manual and/or via product webpages. If the required information can be found online in order to speed up the process and minimise any confusion it would be useful if you could include a link to the product page or suitable documentation in the notes section of each request. Otherwise please attach suitable documentation. Note that if attaching documentation the request form currently only permits one .pdf or .zip format file per request, no larger than 3MB. Without these details it may not be possible to create a personality and/or add Capture support.
htevents

Postby htevents » 26 Feb 2019, 11:42

Thanks again Nic. Will try or request with proper documentation.
htevents

Postby htevents » 27 Feb 2019, 09:26

Faced a new problem. It looks like the Beamz MadMax25 COB has no capture link anymore after I updated to the last library. I am using Titan V10.1.

Can you confirm that or can it be tha I am doing something wrong or is it just me still working on V10.1? I don't want to update because of the desk of the band.
htevents

Postby htevents » 27 Feb 2019, 09:56

Never mind, capture wasn''t updating automaticly