Multipatch avolite

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

marco tax

Multipatch avolite

Postby marco tax » 10 Oct 2018, 05:34

Hi;
There is a multipatch in avolite titan v11?
Gregory

Re: Multipatch avolite

Postby Gregory » 10 Oct 2018, 10:09

If I understand correctly you are referring to a function to give a fixture multiple DMX addresses. If so, for Dimmers you can but not for other types of fixture.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 10 Oct 2018, 10:58

I believe Marco asks for something like you'd do for ACLs: multiple instances, which can positioned in Capture separately, but listen to the same fixture handle in Titan.

This is not really possible in Titan, at least not at the moment. However, there is a workaround if you really want this:
- patch and position the individual fixtures to your liking, and at a universe which is out of the way
- create a playback which holds all those fixtures
- patch one more channel, onto the address those fixtures are controlled in real live. Make sure this is also output as sACN
- activate your network (i.e. connect a router or switch), and in System/Triggers, make the last channel trigger the playback
danhoff

Postby danhoff » 15 Oct 2018, 16:21

A different workaround for a different problem where you'd use a multipatch: the show's already programmed, but you need to add a fixture that does the exact same things as an existing fixture (except it has its own address).

Enter Patch, make a copy of the old fixture, patch it at the new fixture's address, and then update any groups accordingly. The new fixture will do the same thing as the old in any existing cues / palettes.
marco tax

Postby marco tax » 18 Oct 2018, 18:34

Gregory wrote:If I understand correctly you are referring to a function to give a fixture multiple DMX addresses. If so, for Dimmers you can but not for other types of fixture.

i mean ; have multiple fixture id with the same id and different dmx address
I try to do with dimmer but it’s impossible to do ... in titan 10.1