Clearing fixture

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

bobv

Clearing fixture

Postby bobv » 15 Mar 2018, 23:52

Hi Everyone,

I am making a simple fixture in personality builder 3, working on quartz with titan 10.1.

I have set clear values inside my fixture profile, but as soon as I clear my scene, the led pars stay on.

As this is the second fixture where I have this problem with I am probably something doing wrong.

Could anyone help me on my way?

Dropbox link here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kzhto8k1y49m ... 65.d4?dl=0
niclights
The eManual

Re: Clearing fixture

Postby niclights » 16 Mar 2018, 00:35

The clear values are a legacy function and not currently used in Titan.

By defaut pressing clear will deselect all fixtures and clear the programmer. All attributes will remain at their current level except for those with the attribute ID 'Dimmer' which will go to the highest value (or zero if there isn't one).

If the fixture has additive colour mixing controls but no dimmer you can add a virtual one. To do this add a dimmer attribute (with attribute ID 'Dimmer') and add this to the mode. In the mode set the resolution of the dimmer channel to 'None' and remove the channel offset. Then select each of the additive colour mixing components in the mode (for example, red, green and blue) and set the virtual controller to 'Dimmer'.
Wayneskie

Postby Wayneskie » 16 Mar 2018, 09:32

Just had a quick look at your Bob Led Par 65 Personality.
In the locate values section, the Power On tab gives values of 100% for RGB and 100 for Speed.

Is this a power on state?

I am learning from this as well
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Mar 2018, 10:18

Yes. There are locate, power on, highlight and lowlight settings. I think they are all fairly self-explanatory. Highlight and lowlight are optional. Power on and locate must be set. Power on is the value that they will go to when patched (or when a show is loaded). In the case of RGB the factory standard is to set these to full so that when dimmer is raised the fixture will light even if it hasn't been located. In most cases power on and locate will be the same value except for dimmer where power on will be zero and locate will be full.
bobv

Postby bobv » 16 Mar 2018, 22:54

niclights wrote:The clear values are a legacy function and not currently used in Titan.

By defaut pressing clear will deselect all fixtures and clear the programmer. All attributes will remain at their current level except for those with the attribute ID 'Dimmer' which will go to the highest value (or zero if there isn't one).

If the fixture has additive colour mixing controls but no dimmer you can add a virtual one. To do this add a dimmer attribute (with attribute ID 'Dimmer') and add this to the mode. In the mode set the resolution of the dimmer channel to 'None' and remove the channel offset. Then select each of the additive colour mixing components in the mode (for example, red, green and blue) and set the virtual controller to 'Dimmer'.

Thanks, that explains actually a lot.
Is only the "clear" function deprecated? High & low light are in use? And I suppose I wil only need to add the changes for high and low, compared to "lamp on" ?

Also, is there a short list which attribute is being used for which generator?

Im developing a fixture & profile for lasers, all info will help in this area.
I can't seem to find detailed info about the personality builder. Virtual dimmer makes sense, also "alt-drag" for sub functions/fixtures all make sense but how to "group" buttons into sub fixtures for easy use in the attribute editor is something where I have trouble vinding the relation between.

Our fixture is a new product and I like to utilise as much features as possible.

IS there an attribute shortlist for the shape generators, keyframes and such?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards Bob..
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Mar 2018, 23:51

Highlight and lowlight are used for the 'highlight' function in the console. I'm not too sure what you mean by 'lamp on' here. Normally this is a control function for fixtures with discharge lamp sources which have remote lamp switching and would usually be initiated with a specific sequence via fixture macros.

I'm not aware of a list for the shape generator but the shapefile xml is included in the library installers and it is fairly easy to read if you really wanted to know. Key frame shapes work with any attribute.

Holding alt while dragging attributes into modes will add them to the master fixture of a multi-cell mode (it will also convert it to multi-cell if it is not already). This is only relevant if you are adding cells.

Attribute Editor ordering and paging is dependent on the wheel slots but is also dynamic depending on window size. It is quite complicated as it has to work with both the attribute editor and the wheels across all console types. Much of this is a legacy from the Pearl Expert and Diamond 4 attribute banks.

The dimmer slot is not pagable and will appear at the top in its own bank. This will then be followed by a bank containing all the attributes assigned to the intensity wheel slots (assuming there are any) starting with the left-most and running across the pages if applicable. Then if there is anything assigned to the (non-pageable) pan and tilt slots these will appear in the next page together, followed by a page of attributs assigned to the (fixed) colour slots, then the colour mix slots etc. Any gaps within a particular attribute bank will be bunched up. If there is not enough width in the window to display all the attributes within any given bank the attribute editor will dynamically add new banks to accommodate. Additionally, certain attributes will invoke 'special' banks such as colour mixing, keystone and blades. These are dependent on the attribute ID and rely on their being only one function range. I would also say that it is reasonably important to try and ensure that the attribute group assigned to a particular attribute makes sense and is aligned with the attribute bank whereever possible otherwise functions such as masks can become confusing for the operator. For example if you have lots of effect attributes, all assigned to the effect group it is better to have them all in the effect bank rather than try group them by spreading over unrelated banks such as beam or special. For very complicated personalities with large numbers of attributes this may be unavoidable (for the pageable banks there is a maximum of 10 pages).

I would consider most of this to be the more advanced end of personalities and realistically probably beyond the scope of the forum. Obviously it's fine if you want to learn about it but the correct process for creating factory personalities is to submit a request with suitable documentation. We can then create it and take it from there. There are lots of little details that can be important to ensure compatibility with various software functions and so it is important that they are created by Avolites. I recently responded to Justin's email about this where you were cc'ed. I have not heard back yet but I would suggest sending charts to me might be a good starting point.
bobv

Postby bobv » 17 Mar 2018, 00:26

niclights wrote:---cut--

I would consider most of this to be the more advanced end of personalities and realistically probably beyond the scope of the forum. Obviously it's fine if you want to learn about it but the correct process for creating factory personalities is to submit a request with suitable documentation. We can then create it and take it from there. There are lots of little details that can be important to ensure compatibility with various software functions and so it is important that they are created by Avolites. I recently responded to Justin's email about this where you were cc'ed. I have not heard back yet but I would suggest sending charts to me might be a good starting point.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I will definitely follow up by mail. I did not want to send the layout over until the fixture channel layout was final, but it might make sense to provide a draft overview and get advice on it.

Never the less, for me this also a good lesson to learn Titan and all its internal systems. Nothing beets first hand experience :)