How to create split color as color attribute?

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Johanvh

How to create split color as color attribute?

Postby Johanvh » 16 Feb 2018, 19:45

I have a scanner with a dicroid color wheel with 8 colors. As most scanners I can also place the wheel for the lamp with 2 colors.
How is it possible to define a 2-color entrie? As far as I see it's only possible to create 1 color.

Thanks for your support!
Last edited by Johanvh on 17 Feb 2018, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
niclights
The eManual

Re: How to create double fixed color as color attribute?

Postby niclights » 16 Feb 2018, 20:02

You can create as many functions as you want for an attribute and each one can have its own DMX range and display range. So for split colours you just need to add functions where the dmx range is set to value for each split colour. Some fixtures have these defined as separate ranges, others might have the ability to adjust to any position in which case you would create a function with the DMX range set to the split colour. Note that not all fixtures are capable of going to any position and some enable this via a control channel setting. If the ranges are not documented the easiest way to check is to use a raw DMX function where you can find out exactly what the fixture is capable of and what the various DMX values are. The majority of personalities in the library for fixtures with fixed colour wheels have a Raw DMX option. If not you can easily add one.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 16 Feb 2018, 20:22

I understand what you mean but by default it's not possible to add a split color in the color section:

Print56creen 2018-02-16 21.13.56.jpg
Print56creen 2018-02-16 21.13.56.jpg (33 KiB) Viewed 20343 times

The Eurolite TSL-200 has 1 color wheel and by changing the DMX adress, I'm able to have a split color (red = 32 / red-yellow = 42 / yellow = 48)

If I create it as an attribute under colors, I can give it a split name 'red-yellow' but how will it be displayed in the visualiser?

Other things:
- Is is possible to have an icon for the gobo's in the personality builder?
- When I save some changes in the personality builder, what more should I do in Titan One becauce my changes cannot be seen.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Feb 2018, 21:14

The swatch in the colour that you have highlighted is used when creating auto palette legends, as part of the logic that determines best match when exchanging fixtures and for determining which functions to use when using the auto palette function within Personality Builder (preset palettes). There is currently no way to define a split colour for auto palette legends but perhaps it might be possible in the future.

The personality file has nothing to do with the visualiser other than a link that tells it which fixture to patch when using auto-update in Capture. The visualiser file is defined separately much like the real world fixture is a separate thing. The personality file should match the DMX charts for a fixture so that the fixture is controlled correctly and the visualiser file should match the fixture. It is not possible to edit or create your own visualiser files. If there is a fixture in Capture that does not behave the same as the real-world (for example if the colours were wrong) then please submit a bug report or personality request via the website for the associated Titan personality with as much detail as possible.

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to set gobo images in the personality files. Hopefully this will be possible soon.

Regarding applying changes if you launch Personality Builder manually and edit a personality you need to go to PATCH/[Edit Fixtures]/[Update Personality]. Alternatively you can launch it from within Titan by going to PATCH/[Edit Fixtures]/[Edit Personality]. This way when you save it will automatically prompt if you want to apply the updates in Titan.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 16 Feb 2018, 21:19

There are some errors in the personality file for the fixture.
I spend already an hour but can't fix it.
Will send an email to fixturesupport [at] avolites [dot] com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Feb 2018, 21:28

Please submit a bug report or personality request via the website.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 16 Feb 2018, 21:42

Apologies, email was already sent but have also completed the bug report on the website