Changing Attribute ID

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ChecklistRobot

Changing Attribute ID

Postby ChecklistRobot » 31 Jul 2017, 11:28

I'm building a personality for some LEDBlades that we have. Normally it's controlled via laptop software, but we've figured out we can get the Avo to control the software. Bascially, it means that we can cut down on the amount of operators we need on a show for them, save our clients money and actually get them out the door a bit more. With the Avo it would mean that we could have a graphics prep come in to set up the Blade software, organise graphics to banks etc. and then our operator can essentially busk with them. We've done it with raw DMX values, but that's obviously not the most useful to an op.

Channel list is as follows:

1: Dimmer
2: Scene
3: Speed
4: R
5: G
6: B
7: Bank
8: Fade Duration
9: Overlay Bank
10: Overlay Scene

Obviously, some of these attribute ID's aren't in the personality builder and the aim is to make a personality and a default show file for the blades to be loaded onto all of our desks. The attribute ID is greyed out and I can't adjust it. It might get a bit confusing if we have to send out a paper copy of a channel list with the blades saying: Blade RT=Overlay Bank and so on.

Is there a reason that we can't change them?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Changing Attribute ID

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2017, 11:40

I am not sure why you can't change them but there is already a personality for this in the library under manufacturer 'LEDBlade', model 'Strip'. If you don't see this when patching you may need to update your library.

/edit: Just in case it helps having looked at this again I wonder if you are looking at the attributes added to modes, rather than the attributes themselves?
ChecklistRobot

Postby ChecklistRobot » 31 Jul 2017, 12:08

Interesting. I'll take a look at our library and see if our warehouse need to update. Thanks for the info! Still strange I can't change the attribute ID. Here's a screenshot.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2017, 12:14

You have selected the attribute within the mode section. It cannot be modified here but if you select it within the attributes section it can. Note that 'Attribute ID' is an internal identifier and is important to determine various functions but it is not visible in the console. 'Attribute Name' is the one shown in the console.
ChecklistRobot

Postby ChecklistRobot » 31 Jul 2017, 12:43

Thanks! I'm pretty new to the personality builder.