Colour for Fixed, Split Gel and Scroll

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Colour for Fixed, Split Gel and Scroll

Postby kimwida » 05 Jul 2017, 18:22

Hi.
I bought four cheap 5r beam moving heads.
And I made the personality file for them.
It works right.

But I can't seperate the colour to "Fixed", "Split Gel" and "Scroll" like other beam MHs do.
How can I make three categories under "Colour" in Personality Builder??
niclights
The eManual

Re: Colour for Fixed, Split Gel and Scroll

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2017, 18:48

You need to use 'conditions'.

If you right-click on the attribute there is an option to add a condition. In your example you would want to add 3 conditions. It is a good idea to name them (although it is not important). For the purposes of this example let's name the first one 'Fixed', the second one 'Split Gel' and then third one 'Scroll'.

(note that as soon as you add one condition there will automatically be an 'Else' condition. This is important and should be left alone)

Now you can put your functions in the appropriate conditions - ie. in Fixed you might have 'Open', 'Red', 'Yellow' etc. In Split Gel you might have 'Open/ Red', 'Red/ Yellow'. Usually you would put a Raw DMX function in the else condition (in other words it will use this if none of the other conditions apply).

We then need something to set which condition to use. In this example we need an attribute that does not have a DMX channel offset. This is achieved by setting the resolution of the attribute to 'None'. If this is the first (or only) fixed colour wheel normally you would use attribute 'Colour Func' or 'Colour 1 Func' with the attribute ID 'Colour1Func'. In this attribute you want functions to represent each of your conditions - ie. Fixed, Split Gel, Scroll and Raw DMX (for the 'else' condition). As this attribute has no resolution the functions do not need any DMX ranges.

Lastly we need to set the conditions. If you select the 'Fixed' condition in the colour attribute you will see a 'Condition' field in the properties. Here we need to enter the condition. In this example the condition for Fixed will be 'Colour1Func'==1 where 'Colour1Func' is the attribute ID of the controlling attribute (it should be enclosed in inverted commas as shown here), == means 'equal to' and '1' is the function ID number (ie. 'Fixed'). For Split Gel the condition would be 'Colour1Func'==2 and for Scroll 'Colour1Func'==3 (you do not set a condition for 'else').

For more complex conditions you can also use the operators || (meaning logical OR) or && (logical AND). For example 'Colour1Func'==1||'Colour1Func'==2 would mean 'if Colour1Func is function 1 OR function 2'. Similarly 'Colour1Func'>1&&'Colour1Func'<3 would mean 'if Colour1Func is above function 1 AND below function 3' (in other words function 2!).
kimwida

Re: Colour for Fixed, Split Gel and Scroll

Postby kimwida » 06 Jul 2017, 02:44

Thank you so much!!!

I've done it with your command!!! :D :D :D