Intensity is on full blast?

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

naterosso

Intensity is on full blast?

Postby naterosso » 04 Feb 2017, 14:56

I'm making some personalities, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. When I patch the personalities into avolites titan, the light fixture turns on 100%, the control dimmer in on the screen, but it doesn't dim or anything.... I can control everything else, but the intensity over the whole fixture. Any help is always much appreciated!!!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Intensity is on full blast?

Postby niclights » 04 Feb 2017, 15:12

If you can change by wheel but not by fader then this will be because the attribute ID is not 'Dimmer'. For dimmers to function as HTP and be controllable by fader the attribute ID must be set to 'Dimmer'.

If you can't change the value by wheel or attribute editor then I would guess that either the function range display (AKA display type) is set to fixed (Text Only), the function DMX range is set to 255-255, the function display range is set to 100-100 or a combination of any of these.

A 'standard' typical dimmer control would have one function with name 'Dimmer', Start At DMX 0, End At DMX 255, Range Display 'Percentage 1dp', Start of Range 0, End of Range 100. Compare this or the dimmer attribute in other factory personalities against your own.

If the fixture doesn't have a dimmer and you are trying to setup a virtual dimmer then in addition to the above the dimmer must be set to no resolution in the mode with no channel offset and the 'Virtual Attribute' field for the relevant attributes (for example RGB) must be set to 'Dimmer'.