Edit fixture - Chauvet R1 FX-B

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Sanduwr

Edit fixture - Chauvet R1 FX-B

Postby Sanduwr » 08 Dec 2016, 21:56

Hello,

I've some question about changing á fixture from Chauvet.
It is about the Rogue R1 FX-B

The fixture has a few channels to control the pan / strobe / Dim and some speed functions of the unit.
And a few channels to control the individual cells (tilt / RGBW )
But we want to make á virtual dimmer at the 5 individual cells to make some shapes with dimmer on every individual cell. And not with the colors.

Who can tell me how a virtual dimmer add to a cell in the personality builder?

Thanks!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Edit fixture - Chauvet R1 FX-B

Postby niclights » 09 Dec 2016, 16:51

There are two ways to go about this.

Since you can currently only have one attribute with ID 'Dimmer' in a personality you have to choose between replacing the 'master' dimmer control with an LTP version (which will guarantee the fixtures lights when located from the master) or retaining HTP dimming in both the master and the cells but accepting that the fixture will not light when located from the master.

In either case you need to setup the virtual dimmer in the cells:

Due to the complexity of this particular fixture there is a separate mode for each cell. In each of 'Adv 1', 'Adv 2', 'Adv 3', 'Adv 4' and 'Adv 5' you need to add a dimmer attribute from the [Created Attributes] section. Then select the [Channels] tab at the bottom and in the grid for each of these modes change the resolution of dimmer to 'None' from the drop-down options and delete the values from the channel offset cell completely. Finally return to the [Properties] tab and in each of these modes set the Virtual Attribute of Red, Green, Blue and White to 'Dimmer' from the drop-down options (note you can speed up this process for each mode by selecting the red attribute, hold shift and select white which will allow you to apply Dimmer as a Virtual Attribute to all of the colour components at once).

So we now have a virtual dimmer in the cells of 'Advanced' mode. If you don't mind the fact that it won't light when locating the master then that's all you need to do.

In order to locate from master we need to replace the 'master' dimmer with another control and then link the cells to 'Dimmer' in the master:

First create a new 8 bit attribute to replace the master dimmer control. I usually name this 'Master Dimmer' with attribute ID 'Master_Dimmer' and add a single 'Dimmer' function with Percentage 1dp range 0-100. Set power on and locate for this to 100.
Then expand the Avanced mode tree, select 'Cell Master', select the [Channels] tab and change the resolution of 'Dimmer' to 'None' and delete the values from the channel offset.
Next, with 'Cell Master' still selected return to the [Properties] tab and double-click the new 'Master Dimmer' from the 'Created Attributes' section. This will add the attribute to the master cell and slot it into the missing channel offset.

Now we need to link the dimmer in the cells to the dimmer in the master:

Expand the Cells section of the Advanced mode so you can see the 5 cells.
In each cell add ', Dimmer -> Dimmer' to the end of the 'Attribute Links' field.

Finally, head to the [Wheel Mapping] tab and make sure the new 'Master Dimmer' attribute is assigned to its own slot (ie. it should not be magenta). Normally I would put this in Intensity Wheel 2, page 1 next to Shutter.

That's it. Sounds worse than it is when written down.
Sanduwr

Postby Sanduwr » 09 Dec 2016, 22:54

Hi Niclights,

Thanks for this information.
I will go to follow those steps, and hopefully it works.

I hope you can tell me where i can find the fixture libary on the Tiger Touch II ?
So than I can remake the fixture on my PC en import them in to the Tiger Touch II.

Thankyou!
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 20 Dec 2016, 15:37

Put your edited files in D:\Personalities on the consoles and they will appear in the personality list with the tag (User) to distinguish them from the standard personality library.