Pearl Personality Builder: Locate values

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Pearl Personality Builder: Locate values

Postby 2113 » 20 Oct 2016, 01:50

I've been spending a lot of time in the Personality Builder software working with R20 files, and there is one thing that I keep running into that is giving me problems.

I have been editing a lot of the Locate and Power attribute settings so that all of the moving fixtures I'm using go to a similar "home" position when I use the Locate function on them to start programming.

However, I've noticed that no matter how I save the personality files, the values for Locate aren't ever preserved when I re-open the file the next time.

I'm setting the Locate values for Pan and Tilt to 33% and 50% to get everything aligned right. When I save the file and load it into the console it works properly with those settings, but when I need to make a change later, the Pan and Tilt values under Locate are back at 0% when I open the file again. This is causing me to have to update the Locate values every single time I make a change to the file, even if it has nothing to do with those values.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get those settings to persist in the file so that I don't have to update them every time I edit the personality?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Pearl Personality Builder: Locate values

Postby niclights » 20 Oct 2016, 09:56

Which file are you loading into Personality Builder? If it's the R20 then this could easily be the problem. Always use the .d4 file and generate .R20 from that. Also it might be worth noting that only the locate value is used by the Classic software.

Postby 2113 » 20 Oct 2016, 20:40

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using a Pearl Tiger, so it has the Classic software. But I've been editing and using the .R20 files because I thought that was what you had to do for the classic software.

So I should be saving the files as D4 and then just generating the R20 files onto the flash drive?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 21 Oct 2016, 00:04

Yes. I would always make edits to the .d4 file and save/load that generating new R20's from that each time.

Postby 2113 » 21 Oct 2016, 02:03

Thanks for the info!

Really glad to see that there is still some help and support for the older consoles. It's really a testament to the quality of Avo products that we can still use them so long after their prime.

Thanks again.