multi cell rgb led bar. virtual dimmer

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

stockers

multi cell rgb led bar. virtual dimmer

Postby stockers » 13 Oct 2016, 20:43

hi all

i am trying to write a personality for an un branded led bar with 8 rgb cells.
in 24ch mode i can control each cell colour. but there is no dimmers so dimmer chases are a no go.

i want to add virtual dimmers to each cell but i am having no joy. i have spent 2 days trying. but titan keeps saying there is an error in the personality and the attribute will not be displayed correctly. without the virtual dimmers, it works fine. i tried placing each dimmer in a different wheel page. each cell is in a different page and works fine. but adding the virtual dimmers brings up the error

any advice?
niclights
The eManual

Re: multi cell rgb led bar. virtual dimmer

Postby niclights » 14 Oct 2016, 00:25

To make this you only need four attributes - one each of Red, Green, Blue and Dimmer.

Create a mode with these four attributes.

Select this mode and select [Channels] at the bottom. In the channel assigment grid change the resolution of the dimmer to 'None' and delete the channel offset. If not already set the offsets for Red, Green and Blue to 1,2 and 3 respectively.
Now go back to [Properties], expand the mode in the tree on the left if it isn't already so that you can see all of the attributes. Select Red, hold shift and then select Blue to highlight all of the colour components. Then click on the Virtual Attribute field in the properties section and select 'Dimmer' from the drop down menu.

You now have an RGB mode with virtual dimmer which will be used to make the cells.

Next create a second mode that will be the actual 24 channel version.

Select this mode, select [Cells] at the bottom, change the count to 8, select the first mode that you created from the 'Mode to add' drop-down (in this case it should already be selected as it will be the only mode available) and then click on [Add Cell].

That's it. Save to the personalities folder, start Titan and patch away.
stockers

Postby stockers » 14 Oct 2016, 02:36

hi
thanks for the advice.

i did exactly as you said (except also made a mode for 7ch aswell)

but i have an issue.

once patched, there are no attributes to controll and my dmx map shows no assigned channels to the fixture.

any clues?
stockers

Postby stockers » 14 Oct 2016, 03:11

never mind i figured it out, many many thanks i can use these new fixtures tonight now :)