User Personalitys in Capture

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Ferran

User Personalitys in Capture

Postby Ferran » 19 Jul 2016, 17:14

Hello: I can not use user personalities in Capture.
I have seen that have added new references in fixtures (AtlaBase Device information), but these can not be edited.
Is this parameter that controls in Capture?
Is there any way to edit?

Thank you.
niclights
The eManual

Re: User Personalitys in Capture

Postby niclights » 19 Jul 2016, 18:02

The Atlabase GUID's link directly to the associated Capture files so that the fixture will automatically patch in Capture. The GUID information can only be added to personalities in the Avolites Personality library by Avolites.

There is no way for users to create or edit Capture files.

If you require a Capture file you can request this via the form here by selecting 'Capture Visualiser (c2o)' in the 'Desk Type' drop down options. Please ensure the fixture name submitted matches the existing personality in the library so that it is clear which fixture the file is to be linked to. Note that in order to produce Capture files it is very important to include documentation (or direct links to) that includes information such as photometric data, dimensions, gobo images and cell layouts (where applicable) as well as full DMX mapping details. When attaching documents only .pdf or .zip files less than 3MB size are permitted.

If you require a new file to be added to the library in addition to a matching Capture file please submit two requests - one for the Titan (.d4) file and one for the Capture (.c2o) file with the necessary documentation (or links to) as specified above.
Ferran

Postby Ferran » 20 Jul 2016, 08:28

Thank you, I can send my user personalities to add the GUID?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Jul 2016, 09:27

No, it is not possible to create Capture files directly from personalities.

If the user personality is an entirely new personality that does not exist in the library then you will need to request both a Titan (.d4) file and Capture Visualiser (.c2o) file with all the relevant documentation as detailed above. Assuming all relevant information is available and it can be simulated this fixture will then be added to the library along with an associated Capture file.

If the user personality is an edited version of an existing factory personality which does not currently have GUID's then please request a Capture Visualiser file using the exact name in the library and I will either add the GUID's (if a Capture file already exists) or arrange for a new Capture file to be created and then add the GUID's. You could then edit this version back to your preference.

If the user personality is an edited version of an existing factory personality which does have GUID's then you should be able to edit that.

In both cases where existing personalities are edited they will only work with the Capture file if the attributes and function ranges remain the same. For example, renaming colours or gobo's, changing mapping etc. will be fine, but if the DMX ranges or channel offsets are edited then it is no longer the same fixture and it will not simulate correctly.