LED - Sub fixtures

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

JaredGreenall

LED - Sub fixtures

Postby JaredGreenall » 10 Jul 2016, 18:28

Hello There,

I am fairly new to avo personality builder because usually all the fixture files i need are already on there. However, the company i work for have recently bought some brand new fixtures for which I am creating personality files for so that we can actually use the fixture. I have used other builders before and not had any issues.

I am trying to work out how to add in sub-fixtures that will work with shapes and effects on the desks (we have a few pearls, mobiles, ones and a number of tiger touch II in our inventory). I would like it to work just light the Robe Robin 100s do, which is another pixel fixture we one (almost pixel lol). Here is what I have at the moment. The fixture has 4x channels for colours of all LEDS, then after these there are 7 sets of 4 colours to control each of the individual pixels.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-eN8RP985RQU2c1MUNhY2lsZWc/view

Here is the manual if you want to see what i mean:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-eN8RP985RQNmJOQXpqbFlxNGM

Just want to make sure that I know how to do it before I go adding in loads of colours in various attributes and it not to work.

Thank You,

Jai
niclights
The eManual

Re: LED - Sub fixtures

Postby niclights » 10 Jul 2016, 19:28

I have created your requested personality and you will receive an email when it is available in the library.

It is not possible to deduce much from the linked image but to create cells you need to create a mode containing the attributes for the cells and then add that mode as cells.

So for the cells in this fixture you just need one red, green, blue and white attribute (these must have Attribute ID's 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue' and 'White' respectively for them to work with shapes, the colour pickers and auto legend functions). Note that the way the manual is written you might think there are 'All' RGBW channels as well as the ones for the cells but the channel offsets 11-14 are repeated twice in the extended mode which I would assume is a mistake - or it might just be a way of explaining that the those channels have an effect on the Static and Dynamic LED Macro functions.

Create four modes, three representing those available on the fixture and one with just RGBW for the cells. To create the Extended mode hold Alt and double-click/drag the attributes in order until you get to the cells. Then, with the extended mode selected, click on the Cells tab, choose the RGBW cell from the 'Mode to add' drop-down, set 'Count' to 7 and click [Add Cell]. Finally add the control attribute to the end. When adding attributes to multi-cell modes make sure the 'Cell Master' is selected. Compatibility Attributes are only needed for legacy (Diamond 4) and R20 export.
JaredGreenall

Postby JaredGreenall » 10 Jul 2016, 19:36

Hello Niclights,

Wow, really fast response, thank you. That picture wasn't the best, and was what I got to in double the time you took to reply (shows how slow I am)! The k you again, and will it need to be downloaded separately, or included in the full personality file (which I will update when I receive the email)?

Kind Regards,

Jared
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Jul 2016, 19:37

Individual personality downloads are not currently supported. You will need to download and install the latest library.
JaredGreenall

Postby JaredGreenall » 13 Jul 2016, 06:40

Hello niclights,

Do you know when the personality will be in the library at all? Also is there any way of you sending it to me myself please? 8)

Thank You,
Jared