Master Fander Cannot stop Haze Machine Fan

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

alan

Master Fander Cannot stop Haze Machine Fan

Postby alan » 20 Jul 2015, 10:33

Hi, i'm new to Personality Builder and trying to create .d4 personality. So i stated with a simply 2 channels haze machine.

Manufacture : Antari
Model : F-5
Channel 1 - DMX Value 0-4 Haze OFF
5-255 Haze Output 1-100%

Channel 2 - DMX Value 0-4 Fan 20%
5-255 Fan 21-100%

i successfully created the personality and installed onto Tiger Touch console. Patched the Haze machine everything are ok and operating normally.
i can control the Haze volume and Fan speed, also recorded cue to a button.

When i play the cue it can trigger the haze level and fan speed as recorded. When i press the cue button again to stop the cue, it only stop the
haze function but the fan still remain active. The main master fander also not able to control the fan.

Is this normal ? or i miss anything ? please advise, thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Alan
niclights
The eManual

Re: Master Fander Cannot stop Haze Machine Fan

Postby niclights » 20 Jul 2015, 18:51

This fixture already exists in the library. But as a learning exercise...

In Titan all attributes except Dimmer are LTP. This means they will not change level until a new level is sent. Therefore lowering a fader, unlatching a latched cue, releasing a flash or swop button or lowering a master will have no affect. Dimmer acts as HTP and will therefore control by fader, return to zero or highest values from elsewhere when unlatched etc.

Given that pressing the button again stops your haze I presume you already have this set as Dimmer (or more accurately attribute ID 'Dimmer'). In Titan each attribute must have a unique Attribute ID. Therefore it is not possible to have more than one HTP channel. If you want to be able to control the fan speed by fader (including masters) then you can either set the playback to mode 2 (fade by fader) which will allow fading of LTP attributes or simply patch the two channels as two separate dimmers. Personally I would do the latter for this application but if you want to use mode 2 then just make sure after recording the fan playback you manually set the level back to zero. Then the fader will fade between the manually set zero and the level contained in the playback.

If proportional fader control isn't so important but you want the value to go back to zero on unlatching, or setting a fader to zero then an alternative is to set the playback to release the relevant attribute (this would be the attribute group that fan is assigned to in personality builder). This will release it to the locate state if there is no other active playback containing this control so you would want to set the locate value at zero.

Finally, there are some particular rules that mode 2 follows when fading across functions (ie. from a fixed 'off' function to 100% of a variable 'speed' function). If you go down this route it may help to simplify the attributes to a single 0-100% function.