Mac Viper Profile personality

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

inrimartyr

Mac Viper Profile personality

Postby inrimartyr » 11 Mar 2014, 17:44

gobo 2 rotate does not work properly...I have tried to fix it with the builder to no avail.... I have to record a couple macros, one to reset the gobo page, another to bounce between fixed and rotate to get it to work on the fly....
niclights
The eManual

Re: Mac Viper Profile personality

Postby niclights » 11 Mar 2014, 19:05

I can make some improvements but as far as I can see the personality is essentially correct.

Is the fixture controlling correctly when used directly on the wheels? For example:

- Select fixture, locate, select gobo 2, set gobo 2 func to 'fixed index', set gobo 2 to 'gobo 1', adjust gobo 2 rot 'index' = indexed position.
- Set gobo 2 func to 'fixed spin' set gobo 2 to 'gobo 1', adjust gobo 2 rot 'Spin CW' = continuous spin.

If so, is the problem related to recalling cues or palettes? This is one of a few fixtures that has separate sets of gobo values depending on whether you want indexed or continuous rotation. This means that if you want to separate rotation and gobo selection (for example in palettes), you need to be careful to use the correct combination.

Assuming you only wanted continuous spins and don't really care about indexing then the way I would separate palettes is as follows:

- Use record by channel mode
- For gobo selection palettes place only the gobo and the gobo func value (ie. Fixed Spin) in the programmer before recording.
- For gobo rotate ensure the correct gobo func is selected but NOT in the programmer (ie. select Fixed Spin and then press clear and re-select the fixture) then place the continuous spin value in the programmer and record.