Fixture Libary update

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonas

Fixture Libary update

Postby Jonas » 22 Feb 2014, 16:38

Hi, having some problems with updating the fixture libary when I'm on the console mode, managed to do this by adding the file after many ifs and buts in disk but got reboot to make it work. before you could update on the console mode, but can not find it since I updated today. it is a Titan mobile.

Grateful for answers
niclights
The eManual

Re: Fixture Libary update

Postby niclights » 22 Feb 2014, 17:16

Hello,

By 'console mode' I assume you mean Patch/[Edit]/[Edit Personality]?

If so, I think there might be a bug in the current version of Titan where the option [apply to show] doesn't work. In this case I would suggest manually opening the file in Personality Builder, saving and then use [Edit]/[Update Personality] instead. This would achieve the same result.
Jonas

Postby Jonas » 22 Feb 2014, 22:25

Sorry!
I see now that perhaps I was a bit fuzzy,, what I meant was that I can not update with a brand new unit for fixture libary while titan mobile running.
To insert it, I have to shut down Titan Mobile, load into the data in the hard drive in the correct place and restart Titan Mobile.
Before there was no need shut down Titan Mobile to update that I have put in a new device, then there was an update fixture libeary button (I think)
Otherwise I want one of those when it takes so long to shut down and open when producing new fixture's or just to update with a new light effect that can be downloaded.
It would be best if the button was just moved or has been renamed.

/ / Jonas
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Feb 2014, 22:46

It is necessary to restart the software when adding a new personality and/or new modes to existing personalities. This is because the files are currently only indexed when the software starts. There is no button to do this while the software is running at the moment although I do think it would be a useful feature.

This is how it has always been. Nothing has changed and there was never a button to do this during a session. The [Update Personalities] button is for when changes have been made to existing patched fixtures.

I realise this is not ideal on PC suite because of the long shutdown time. Personally I think that is the bigger issue here.