New Personality cannot patch to Tiger Touch

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

SamHUIfongching

New Personality cannot patch to Tiger Touch

Postby SamHUIfongching » 18 Dec 2013, 08:46

I have created a new personality for a Led Par but it cannot patch to Tiger Touch. The console cannot calculate the dmx address because the offset does not right, and console does not allow to type the right channel offset on it.
When I check the channel assignment on each mode and I found "Cell" appear automatically, I don't understand that "Cell" function and "Cell" do not be mentioned in QuickStartGuide. Does that "Cell" made my file failure?
I have attached that file, thanks for help.

Sam HUI from Hong Kong
Attachments
TopOne_LD609.rar
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
niclights
The eManual

Re: New Personality cannot patch to Tiger Touch

Postby niclights » 18 Dec 2013, 16:50

Cells are used for subfixtures. For example if you have an LED bar with 8 sections of RGB you can create a mode with 8x RGB cells which you can then apply shapes across and select from the attribute editor etc.

You do not need them and it has meant all your modes are wrong. You need to delete all the attributes from each mode which will remove all the cell stuff. Then, select a mode, ensure the 'properties' tab is selected at the bottom and double-click on each attribute in turn from the 'created attributes' area at the top for the mode in the channel order. So, for example with P2 6 DMX double-click dimmer, red, green, blue, white, dim speed. Then select P3 9 DMX and double-click the nine attributes in turn. etc. Each attribute you add will automatically map the next available channel. If you need to adjust the channel mapping at any point simply select the 'channels' tab at the bottom and click in the relevant cells in the table to change.

Some other observations:

- Titan doesn't currently support HTP attributes on anything other than dimmer. While you could create a separate mode purely for exporting an HTP r20 file, it would be tidier to export the same mode twice, manually adjusting the pearl wheel mapping to suit. I would just delete the four 'HTP' versions of red,green,blue and white at the end.

- When viewing the dmx values for shutter, hue and saturation you have included formatting in the wheel display of some functions (ie. %%.f%%) and the range display is set to 'Custom Range (0dp)'. This won't work. You need to delete the formatting from wheel display (for example, under shutter, function 2 'Slow Strobe %' should read 'Slow Strobe' in the Wheel Display cell.) and set the range display to 'Percentage (0dp)' for the shutter functions and 'Percentage (1dp)' for the hue and saturation function.

Hopefully that should get it working.
SamHUIfongching

Postby SamHUIfongching » 19 Dec 2013, 06:59

"Cell" problem has been removed when I recreated all the modes, but my patch problem might not cause by that "Cell" problem. This file still unable to use for patch at the beginning until I re-type the "Manufacturer" from"TopOne" to "TOPONE". I am not sure is it related or any other reason but this file is working very well now. Thanks for your help.
I have followed your advise to delete my RGBW HTP idea, but a lot of pearl user who like RGBW HTP because it can save the dmx channel and RGBW LTP is hard to operate without dimmer attribute. They away ask RGBW HTP 4 dmx mode when they jump to use tiger touch.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Dec 2013, 13:30

The only reason I can think manufacturer name caused problems is if you already had a personality in the index with the same manufacturer/model but different filename.

Titan can have virtual dimmers where one is not provided on the fixture.
SamHUIfongching

Postby SamHUIfongching » 20 Dec 2013, 04:26

I will try to create a mode including that "Virtual Dimmer", it is different between RGBW HTP but very good for operate the RGBW LPT.
One more question about that ID channel on our Led Par, I have an idea to create a rainbow color shape according in this channel in case I need a rainbow effect in a certain numbers Led Par but they are in same address. Can I add the ID channel on the sg.dat, do you think this channel can be recognized?
I prefer that ID channel can be spread out from 1 to 255 randomly when I use this shape(cannot stay at 0 because that means control all ID), RGB channel can be spread by pattern-SIN but level on ID channel is not necessary moving. Do you think it is possible?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Dec 2013, 17:02

You can certainly make a shape that controls any attribute but I'm not sure it will do what you want.

Spread in the console offsets the start phase of a pattern and relies on multiple fixtures. Given that you only have one fixture as far as the console is concerned the spread is effectively irrelevant.
The only thing a shape will do is modify the ID value according to its associated pattern, repeating in a cycle. Depending on the pattern and size this could be any ID but only ever one at a time.
Assuming I understand how this concept works then it will be the ID set on the fixtures that determines the 'spread' and it will be impossible to overcome this. For example, if you applied a sinwave pattern to the ID channel at 100% size in classic or 50% size in Titan where the attribute is currently set to 127 then the ID of the fixture being controlled will increase to 255 over time and then decrease back down to 0 and then back up to 127 before repeating.
Maybe somehow in combination with a rainbow shape running on the fixture it might work but it's difficult to visualise. Certainly you couldn't have, say, all the odd ID's do one thing and all the even ID's do another.

In Classic the shape is associated with the attribute type. Rather than going to the trouble of messing with the shapefile you could simply set the ID attribute to something that is not actually being used, for example gobo1/gobo2/gobo1 rotate/gobo2 rotate/ or focus. You can set this in the Pearl wheel mapping section of personality builder. All these attributes have shapes with SIN patterns already defined. You can use this to test. If it is what you want then you could edit the shapefile and make a custom pattern and/or shape. The attribute types are determined by characters A thru V in the r20 files. In the SG.DAT these correlate to numbers in the first column of the shape definitions (ie. 1 = A = Colour Wheel 1, 2 = B = Cyan etc.)

In Titan the shape is associated with the attribute ID. As with Classic I would initially test this by simply setting the attribute ID of the ID channel to something unused but that already has shapes defined. Options include 'Focus', 'Gobo1', 'Gobo2', 'Gobo1Rot', 'Gobo2Rot', 'Zoom' etc. Because Titan references attribute ID's you could write a shape specifically for your attribute, should it be what you really want.

Overall this sounds like a horrible way to control fixtures, not just for shapes. Can you not just put them on individual addresses?

Regarding virtual dimmer, the dimmer attribute is a standard dimmer. It should be added to the required mode, resolution should be 'none' and there must be no channel mapped. You then set the 'virtual attribute' field for each of the colour components to 'dimmer' using the fields drop-down options. You can look at a Generic, RGBW, 4 DMX mode as an example.