Titan exprt V7 personality folder location

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

totalworks4u

Titan exprt V7 personality folder location

Postby totalworks4u » 22 Oct 2013, 14:52

Hello there. can some one help me to locate the folder with d4 personalities in titan expert V7, looks like it has been moved again. I do not need the user personalities location.
Thanks.
By the way the High end studio spot 575 CMY models personality has major mistakes in them.
using the studio spot CMY and studio spot (color wheel) in one show creates even more headache.
Thanks
Working on resolving this.
Gregory

Re: Titan exprt V7 personality folder location

Postby Gregory » 22 Oct 2013, 15:44

The factory fixture library is in D:\TitanData\FixtureLibrary which is the same as in version 6. This directory is hidden and will be wiped and overwritten when the personalities are updated. Would you be able to give more information about the problem with the Studio Spot CMY either here or submit a bug report through the personality website?
totalworks4u

Postby totalworks4u » 22 Oct 2013, 16:59

1. The cmy values needs to be inverted. White color is 0,0,0. Not 255,255,255. I did this and it works as should. Otherwise u never get correct color and fixture having hard time with cmy mechanism.
2. All studio spot 575 family except studio color has same functions, difference in color wheel or cmy and frost replaced to zoom mechanism using same DMX channels.
Personality has to be IDENTICAL across all of them. Except mentioned above. Now u get all wired things going on specially when apply the shape on this fixtures.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Oct 2013, 17:20

Can you confirm exactly which fixture you are having problems with?

'Studio Spot CMY' has CMY inverted but 'Studio Spot 575CMY Zoom' does not. This is wrong as far as I can tell. If you are using the CMY Zoom model then that explains the issue.
totalworks4u

Postby totalworks4u » 23 Oct 2013, 14:49

yes i have SS575CMY Zoom and SS575.
so color values inversion is quick fix. but make personalities matching ( like iris and shutter for example) eccept the different options, needs much more work.
in first place, why would some one make them different :?: Just take one and do some minor modifications to it !!!!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Oct 2013, 16:06

The intention is to try and standardise personalities, not just across manufacturers, but across the whole library as much as possible.
However, the library is huge. Some updates and standardisation can be automated but those that cannot can realistically only be looked at when problems are reported. At the time of creating personalities usually an author will look to see if there are significiant similarities as it can save a lot of time. But in this example the High End Studio Spot 575 was originally written in 2002 while the CMY Zoom didn't appear until 2005. I guess the similarity was missed! I have spent some time on standardisation of the 'major' manufacturers in the past but when I looked at High End the manuals are a nightmare!
totalworks4u

Postby totalworks4u » 23 Oct 2013, 16:46

Should I keep working on corrections my self, or Avo will take a look?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Oct 2013, 19:00

I will fix the inverted CMY. If I get a chance I might also look at the ordering and naming of iris and shutter across the two fixtures but as it's not a fault (unless I'm missing something) I can't promise anything. If you have any other bugs please report them as Gregory suggested otherwise it is difficult to keep track.