Create Custom Palettes

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DaveH

Create Custom Palettes

Postby DaveH » 18 Jul 2013, 20:20

What is the process for creating custom palettes to be used with a pearl 2004? I have the personality that i want to have and I just want to add some custom color palettes. Palettes exist for intensity beam and gobo, but not for color. I can click on palettes and add a color wheel palette, but I have no idea how to enter any values.

Thanks for the help.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Create Custom Palettes

Postby niclights » 18 Jul 2013, 22:47

Initially when you add the colour wheel palette it will try to automatically create them based on functions defined in the fixed colour attribute.

You can edit these or create your own. To create your own you just need to drag and drop a function in (doesn't matter what). For example click on the colour attribute, select current functions tab and then drag and drop any attribute into the colour section of palettes.

This will add a palette using the associated attribute, function and level (if applicable). You can then change all this as you require. Expand the newly created palette tree to show the attribute(s) and functions it contains. From here you can select the attribute and edit the attribute, function id and percentage fields as required (or use Set String to input all values as syntax). More attributes can be added by drag/drop if needed.

A function is a part of an attribute - for example 'red' and 'yellow', and the their ID numbers are sequential. Where an attribute is called 'Colour' and the first function is red, then to set a red palette you would set the attribute to 'Colour' and the function ID to 1. Or, using the Set String syntax this would be Colour:1. If, rather than lots of fixed colours you just had a percentage range then you can add in the value, for example Colour:1:100 which would set the first function of the Colour attribute to 100%.