Light Converse camera Personality file

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

erickkrau

Light Converse camera Personality file

Postby erickkrau » 06 Sep 2012, 21:54

Hello!
I wish to know if its possible for you guys to create a Titan personality file for Light Converse. Just like the one we have available for Capture.
The Camera function alone will help a lot. but if other functions can be put together as "modes" like Alpha and RGB function to control surfaces it will be great!

Best Regards,

Erick
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 06 Sep 2012, 22:32

There is already a camera personality here although looking at the latest LC manual it might only work for earlier versions.

I could not see any mention of support for alpha or RGB.

In either case you can make requests via the request personality form. This ensures requests can be tracked properly.
erickkrau

Postby erickkrau » 07 Sep 2012, 08:26

Hi Niclights!
Its nice to see that you guys already created a file for that. sadly , like you said , it dont work anymore.
I tested it , and indeed LC guys changed the way the dmx for the camera works. the camera now uses 19 channels.
About the RGB functions , i was talking about lighting emitting surfaces. in LC we can patch any object or surface to dmx , doing so , we can turn that object to a light emitting object , and control its intensity / color via console. Each object uses 3 channels.
About Alpha , my mistake , via dmx we can only control RGB.

Well , i will try to collect as much information as a can about this and do the request via the form you linked.

Thank you!

Erick
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Sep 2012, 11:06

If the surface controls are just RGB then one of the generic fixtures should work.