range settings. Need help asap! Please....

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

stage2

range settings. Need help asap! Please....

Postby stage2 » 15 Jun 2012, 04:13

Hello. I am new to the pearl 2010. I just borrowed one for the weekend to help a friend with a show. I have no manual so this forum has helped very much so thanks to all who created it! I have loaded all the fixtures and written profiles for the ones that were not in the console. All is good. Heres my problem. There is a crazy fixture that I am using( which is not nine by the way) That has a feature on the dimmer which starts opening and closing at 191 to 255. And on top of that its backwards so its fully open at 0 and closes fully at 190. So this sucks because this guy has 20 of them. If I invert the channel it fades correctly but grandmaster throws it at 255 and it goes into the slow pulse mode. If you leave it normal without inverting it then it stays on all the time.
Question is can I set the max to 190 on the fader and just invert the channel in the builder without it going to 255 on the console ? Or is there a setting in the console to set fader limits? I tried to set the limits to 190. and looked for some kind of block where it wont send data to the fixture but no luck. Also with no manual I dont know where to go to adjust the numerical or percentage limits for the faders in the console.
I do not want to use the channel above 190. I tried setting the max to 190 but when I use the fader or jog wheel in dimmer attribute they always go to 255. P.S. I will never need that feature.
And this show is tomorrow.:( And thanks to anyone who can help..
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Jun 2012, 10:22

This comes up every now and then. There are definitely discussions here that could help.

While Classic has no specific way to deal with this I seem to remember that the limit setting in the personality file did work in conjunction with invert last time I looked into it.

Unfortunately I won't have time to investigate this further today but have a search and have a play. ie. Set limit to 190 (percentage of I think) and invert.
stage2

Postby stage2 » 22 Jun 2012, 00:24

Thanks for the advice and the prompt response. I had originally tried that after playing around with it for a bit and its almost worked correctly. The invert works so the fader is reversed. The issue now is how to limit the dmx number to 190 without the fader seeing 255. Once it goes past 190 on afding in and out it sees the pulsing effect and that takes over. So I had to swap the shutter and dimmer to get through the show. Do you know of any way to just block the channel from any operations past the point of 190? Or maybe a "SAFE" area so the dimmer does not think there is any operation past 190? Thanks again for your help.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 22 Jun 2012, 07:27

Two things come to my mind:

- in the personality, there is a value named 'output level', e.g. in this line

Code: Select all

6     1   L    1   100   1N   0   1   "Generic 1"         0     0     0

it's the 100. Try putting this to 74 (which is the result of 190/255*100%). It's been a while but I tend to think I could solve a similar issue this way.
- else, try reducing the channel level 'live': manual, section 3.1.7, page 97:
1> Hold down the AVO button and press “Locate/Reduce Intensity” (in the lower right corner).
2> Put the fader for the fixture/dimmer channel to be reduced up to full (if it was already full, take it to zero then up to full).
3> Reduce the fader to the intensity level you want.
4> Repeat from 2 to reduce other fixtures.
5> Press Reduce Intensity to finish.