LED Fixture with 8 LED groups/sections 25ch help

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MagnusBF

LED Fixture with 8 LED groups/sections 25ch help

Postby MagnusBF » 08 Mar 2012, 20:09

Hi there everyone!

I just bought some LED fixtures with 8 sections that can be controlled with 25 channels.

I use a Pearl 2010, and I was wondering what is the best way to control something like this?
I am very new at programming and making my way through the Personality builder.

Is it possible to make a preset so I can just patch one fixture to the console, and then program the fixture and control all the sections independently, or do I have to make a preset for every zone?

I’ve attached the manual for the fixture with a Dropbox link, please get back to me as soon as possible =)

( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25910976/Led%20Marquee%208%20sections%2025ch%20manual.pdf )

Best Regards
Magnus Furøy
Norway
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 08 Mar 2012, 21:52

A good starting point would be the personality of something like the James Thomas 1044 (you'd have to re-assign the DMX channels though - how the hell can someone come up with such a channel order?). In your case (all red en bloc, then all greens and all blues), this would be the only option. If you can afford larger (and fewer) cells, I'd rather go for the 13ch mode where the channels are RGB-RGB-RGB-RGB. If you want to program patterns by cell, use this mode, and patch the dimmer and each cell as generic RGB (LTP or HTP to your liking) separately. Downside: this consumes more handles (how many fixtures will you use?).

If you want - or need - to use the large mode, be warned that all 25 channels will be assigned to different attribute banks of the desk. Lots of clicks guaranteed.

Unfortunately, the classic 2010 is not capable of Titan's new subfixture thing - this would be exactly what you're asking for.
MagnusBF

Postby MagnusBF » 09 Mar 2012, 02:57

I've got 18 fixtures ;)

I am going to use 8 section, that is the whole point of buying this lamps. So What would be the way to go at this?