help in a specific problem building a personality

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

themastermix

help in a specific problem building a personality

Postby themastermix » 15 Feb 2012, 22:29

hi all
i dunno if it's simple or hard
i have this LED RGB fixed spot with only 3 channels ...
channel for red , channel for green and channel for blue , it doesn't contain any dimmer or strobe or any other effects , only three simple channels ...if i want to dim a color , i have to decrease the dmx value of this specific color channel , or if i wanted to decrease the major output i have to decrease the value of all channels to dim the overall output ....all the three channels are from 0 (off) to 255 (full power) ...i have managed to build a personality file and import it into my tiger console and it's working normally but i'm facing a problem , whatever the setting of my fixture is ..the grand master has no control over it , if my fixture is lighted in any color and i lower down the grand master fader , my fixture it doesn't fade or go off ..i have managed to define a macro where i can turn all the LED's off using this setting "red:1:0,green:1:0,blue:1:0" for macro lamp off and it's working with success but still i have to go to macro page and turn it off i can't use the grand master fader for a rapid blackout.....is there anyway to do it ? thank you
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Feb 2012, 23:23

This is a common problem. In Titan you can have virtual dimmer but this is not possible in Classic.

I would suggest easiest solution is to use an HTP personality. There is no need to write one as there are loads already. Try Generic RGB HTP.