Created D4 personalities cannot run color shapes

Welcome to the Avolites Personality Builder Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

LLOYD

Created D4 personalities cannot run color shapes

Postby LLOYD » 03 Jul 2011, 20:07

HI All, Have got myself a Tiger Touch on which i am finally making fixtures with pers builder ver 2.1 using r20 files. Fixtures created cannot run shapes in color for eg led fixture with RGB the fixture works fine and all attributes including RGB respond well but when i say create shape i get a message cannot create color shapes for fixture. What am i doing wrong ? Please help. Thanks
Lloyd
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Jul 2011, 21:37

Is that the actual error message? I have never seen this.

Two things are important:

Firstly, the attribute ID's must be correct for the shapes. They should be 'Red', 'Green' and 'Blue' for colour mixing RGB channels. Normally these are automatic when importing r20 files.

Secondly, the attribute group will determine where you find the shapes if you filter using the softkeys. For colour mixing they should all be in the group 'Colour'. It is probable that they have been set to 'Special' when you imported them which means you will only be able to find the shapes by selecting to view [All]. If you select [Create Shape]/[Colour] the software will tell you there are no suitable shapes because it thinks none of them are suitable. I suspect this is what is happening?

The attribute group is also used for setting masks and so is important to get correct.
LLOYD

Postby LLOYD » 04 Jul 2011, 20:53

Hi Nic.

Thanks so much for getting back so quick. Did try what u said and the color was not selected the automatic was set to special. Got it redone works fine now.

Got a new problem the lights patch and work fine when connected to the desk but have tried the pers builder and the vizwiz to create ext files for visualiser both give me a error about dmx being some error 496767 and read being 000000. ( something like that). Have been at it for 3 days now, thanks in advance, really appreciate what you guys do.

Lloyd